Brewer Fanatic

Something to feel good about: Hunter Morris is just raking! -- Call him up?

The stache
Soup, don't forget Morris looked lost at the plate in spring training and April. He had a shot to play his way onto the roster and didn't. I still don't think he's more than a marginal prospect, so I'd like him in aaa as long as possible

In all honesty, of all the reasons to not like him as a prospect his failings in spring training and april are very low on my list. Yeah, I want to see him have another solid season but plenty of guys have bad springs and aprils and end up just fine.

heck, every day MLB players have tough March-Aprils, I dont fault a MiLB prospect for struggling in Spring training

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I think people need to start looking at Hunter Morris as projecting as a platoon player hitting lefty and realize that despite having an up & down season so far in AAA ball he has a .913 OPS and .352 OBP vs RHP in 2013 with HR power
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

just wondering, but what are Gamel's splits like? Could a platoon of Gamel/Morris make sense at 1B?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

just wondering, but what are Gamel's splits like? Could a platoon of Gamel/Morris make sense at 1B?

Gamel & Morris are both left-handed hitters, so they wouldn't fit in a platoon together.

For what it's worth, Gamel's splits vs RHP in AAA were even better than Morris'. In 2011 in AAA ball Gamel hit .337 with a .978 OPS and 22 HR's in 377 at-bats vs RHP

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Archived