Brewer Fanatic

Arrested Development is back

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
First episode was solid....with the exception of Seth Rogen. He needs to disappear quickly from our collective consciousness or at least go back to just playing the character he played on 40 Year Old Virgin.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

3 episodes in and I'm not sold. You can tell they really had to work around not being able to get all the characters together. And there has been a lot of exposition. Its also really odd to see Michael's character not as the straight man.

I'm hoping to make it through by the end of the week or next weekend so then I will be able to make a better judgement.

Still some very funny bits, especially the no tipping part.

I'm on episode 10 (having bad weather on Memorial Day helped) and I like it. However, I agree that the show has suffered by not having all the characters together at once. I have barely seen Buster at all. I also did not initially recognize Portia de Rossi in the new season. I was shocked to see how much she has changed.

I'm on episode 10 (having bad weather on Memorial Day helped) and I like it. However, I agree that the show has suffered by not having all the characters together at once. I have barely seen Buster at all. I also did not initially recognize Portia de Rossi in the new season. I was shocked to see how much she has changed.

No kidding, though mostly I think the wig looked particularly odd and she currently has short hair so they had to do something.

I'm through 5 episodes. I'm enjoying it, but it is below expectations so far. For a show so well known for it's running gags that play out in different ways through the series, I like how they built upon that with the format they had to use, in that you see the separate story lines intersect, but they do it pretty sloppy sometimes. Also, Ron Howard narrates far to much now in trying to fill in the past several years, which I don't think was necessary.

Overall though, I'm still interested in watching it, it is fun to have more episodes available, and it's still better than a lot of other comedy stuff that's popular out there.

Oh and I've always loved Bob Loblaw, and use that name on all of the comp work I do. The Bob Loblaw Low Blow is hilarious.

• 3 weeks later...
I just finished yesterday as well. I agree that it took a little while for the show to pick up steam again, but they had to set up the new jokes before they could knock them down. I think Season 2 is still my favorite, but Season 4 doesn't stand out as worse than 1 or 3, just a little different. I enjoyed it.

A couple of tidbits to pass on that may have been overlooked.

Several times in the season characters (mostly GOB) can be seen eating parmesan cheese and mustard. I believe this to be more classic Arrested Development foreshadowing. Martin Mull, who plays Gene Parmesan, also played Colonel Mustard in Clue. I think it's foreshadowing for the cliffhanger at the end.

Also, a friend clued me onto this, but George Michael using the name George Maharis to not associate with "George Michael" is a clever and buried joke. Check this out; http://www.nndb.com/people/554/000091281/

• 2 weeks later...
Also, a friend clued me onto this, but George Michael using the name George Maharis to not associate with "George Michael" is a clever and buried joke. Check this out; http://www.nndb.com/people/554/000091281/

:laughing

What a brilliant show

Haha.... great find. I should have known that Maharis was a reference. Just finished watching this and think that Season 4 ended well. Foreshadowing and inside humor were up to expectations for me.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Episode 11 with Gob and Tony Wonder made the whole thing worthwhile.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived