Brewer Fanatic

2013 Spring/Summer/Fall Weather Thread

hawing

Imma go out on a limb and declare a spring/summer/fall weather thread plausible for 2013. There's a chance at severe weather in at least southern Wisconsin Sunday into Monday and Monday into Tuesday, which dovetails too perfectly with our pending trip to Miller Park Monday evening.

Anyway, to whet your appetite for non-winter weather, here is a time-lapse video of Tuesday's night's storm event that took off near Madison and resulted in some big winds in parts of southeast Wisconsin. The video is from UW-Madison's AOS tower cam (AOS is Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, which owbc can tell you allll about because it was his undergraduate department):

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Nice video, the rain bursts look really cool. I miss that view.

When you hear the phrase "the skies opened up" in regard to rain, that video is what I'm going to think of from now on.

There is a YouTube channel for the AOSS cameras, so you can at least see it on the internets.

• 2 weeks later...
There was a tornado report around Richland Center, not sure if it was confirmed though.

The Richland County event may be declared a downburst, but there was an EF0 tornado in Grant County briefly: Link

Wisconsin needs to save some storms for July so that owbc can go chasing :-)

Hopefully you have better luck than I do. I always seem to miss a good storm setup by a day or two when I go up there

Formerly AirShuttle6104

• 2 weeks later...
Community Moderator
The weather service has been advertising a straight line wind event tonight in Southern WI. Always high bust potential with those kind of forecasts, but I advise everyone to keep an eye on the weather.

I see tornado watches are issued for Jefferson and Walworth til 9 PM tonight.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Derecho!!!

I don't know what that means but it sounds like a Bond villain so it must be bad.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived