Brewer Fanatic

The K-Rod watch - K-Rod added to Brewers Roster [Lalli to NAS, Green to 60-day DL]

MLS1965
Direct reaction to Axford? Probably. Of those complaining I'm wondering what would be a better move? The "washed-up retread" (supposedly) is just 31 years old and pitched 4 scoreless innings in the Minors with a 15+ K/9 and a 1.000 WHIP
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So who goes down then? I'm guessing Fiers.

I hope so if only for the reason that he will be starting on a regular basis in the minors and won't be further screwed up by how RR would use him if he stayed in Milwaukee.

I think the Brewers just like throwing away money.

No one else wanted this bum, but we're going to give him $2MM lest... gasp... he might walk from his contract and pitch somewhere else. Remember, no one else wanted him.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Direct reaction to Axford? Probably. Of those complaining I'm wondering what would be a better move? The "washed-up retread" (supposedly) is just 31 years old and pitched 4 scoreless innings in the Minors with a 15+ K/9 and a 1.000 WHIP

Not wasting a couple of million dollars on this guy, a better move would have been Wooten or Sanchez for sure.

I think the Brewers just like throwing away money.

No one else wanted this bum, but we're going to give him $2MM lest... gasp... he might walk from his contract and pitch somewhere else. Remember, no one else wanted him.

Where is there proof that no one else wanted him. I'm not saying anyone necessarily did, but how do we know that? Could've been other teams interested when he signed with the Brewers.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

called it, green to 60 and lallili to nashville :)

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Of those complaining I'm wondering what would be a better move?

Jesus Sanchez, Donovan Hand and Robert Wooten all deserve to be promoted before KRod.

Thanks for the reply.

K-Rod has the advantage of proven MLB success and experience, that is a pretty big advantage. And Melvin & Roenicke aren't ready to just concede the season yet

Jesus Sanchez is indeed playing very well and will probably get a call up at some point, maybe even soon especially if Axford continue to falter. He is 25. The interesting thing to me about Sanchez is he was a catcher up until 2009 (.213 career BA). The Brewers probably feel he needs more time to refine his pitching. Looking at his numbers, he's probably close

Robert Wooten has pitched real well in the small sample of just 19 innings this season, but it is just 19 innings. He's 27, was a 13th round draft pick, and had a 3.93 ERA last year in AAA ball. So, to me those 19 innings this year don't scream out "better option than K-Rod" right now

Donavan Hand: High(er) WHIP, lot of K's but a lot of Hits. Another 3.80+ ERA guy in AAA last year. Worse numbers than Wooten this year, doesn't scream out "ready for the show" to me

I think K-Rod is the right move. Not particularly concerned with the $$$ either. It is Mark A's money, he should be spending it to try to produce a winner

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Wooten has a career 2.74 minor league ERA. I don't think it's fair to look at 2/3 of one season and say based on that he is not ready now. Yeah he's old but I don't think that really means anything. He was a drafted out of college and missed a year with Tommy John surgery. But he has been making steady progress, advancing every year. It's not like he's been in AAA for 4 years.

Hand was pitching very well but has given up 5 earned runs in his last 5 innings, though his ERA is still only 3.18. He darn near made the team out of spring training and deserves a shot, more so than a guy who failed time after time after time last season.

Wooten has a career 2.74 minor league ERA. I don't think it's fair to look at 2/3 of one season and say based on that he is not ready now. Yeah he's old but I don't think that really means anything. He was a drafted out of college and missed a year with Tommy John surgery. But he has been making steady progress, advancing every year. It's not like he's been in AAA for 4 years.

Hand was pitching very well but has given up 5 earned runs in his last 5 innings, though his ERA is still only 3.18. He darn near made the team out of spring training and deserves a shot, more so than a guy who failed time after time after time last season.

And to add Sanchez to the list. He had a 1.63 ERA last year in 71.2 innings between Huntsville and Nashville, allowed only 2 homers with 2.8 BB/9 and 8.0 K/9. I would take any of those three plus $1.5 million over K-Rod.

This is all because of experience and it stinks.

I think Sanchez is first up if someone else happens to get injured. He may have actually gotten the call over Fiers if they didn't feel that they needed an extra long-man in the pen. I do believe that they like him a lot for the future. Hand and Wooten are a different story though. They are likely pretty buried, which is surprising given the success of Jim Henderson, who was in a similar situation to those two last year before being recalled.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I say none of the above. With Gorzelanny on the DL they need someone who is effective against LH batters, and while K-Rod doesn't have the fastball he once had he has a good changeup which is effective against LH hitters. There wasn't a big difference in the LH/RH OPS-A splits last year (.684 vs RH, .723 vs LH), but what is interesting is that his SLG-A was much higher against LHP (.456 vs .317) because all of the HRs he gave up were against LH batters, but his OBP-A was much better against LH batters (.367 vs RH, .268 vs LH). If you subscribe to the belief that OBP is more important than SLG, then the net effect was that he was roughly equally effective against LH as RH batters.

I don't know where to find historical minor league splits, but in a small sample this year Wooten is worse and Sanchez is much worse against LH batters than RH batters.

It is Mark A's money, he should be spending it to try to produce a winner

Actually it's our money, or rather you people that still buy tickets and attend the games it's your money, as I dropped my ticket package in 2010 since that's really the only way to make my voice heard.

Mark A. pays no payroll out of his own pocket, the team pays the players and in the case of last year when they end up in the red has to take on more debt to cover the difference. I don't mean to start of philosophical debate on the escalating value of the franchise vs any more incurred debt. I'm merely pointing out again that very few owners in any sport actually stick their own money into the payroll.

The team spends the money that we as fans give them plus whatever other revenue streams they can drum up. Melvin is spending the team's revenue which in reality is our money, not Mark A's.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Just a reminder what a piece of garbage he is and why I will be booing him on the next homestand:

She told deputies she and Rodriguez had been arguing before going to bed, and he became upset and struck her on the head.

She said her nose began to bleed after getting hit due to a history of physical abuse. The woman told police she grabbed a sweatshirt and tried to stop the bleeding, but then Rodriguez grabbed her by the hair and threw her. Once on the floor, she said Rodriguez then began kicking her and injured her left upper shoulder blade, bruised her left upper thigh and injured her left hand near her wrist.

After the beating, she said Rodriguez dragged her to his car. She told him to take her to the hospital, but Rodriguez screamed at her to change her bloody clothes and refused to take her anywhere until she did. She told Rodriguez she was in a great amount of pain and unable to lift her arm very high, so he cut the sleeve of her shirt so she could remove it.

After putting on a clean shirt, according to the complaint, Rodriguez began to drive the victim around, but she said it appeared they were just driving around in circles in the subdivision. They began to argue again in the truck and the victim said Rodriguez struck her in the chin, then drove around some more before returning to the home.

When they got back, the victim said she wanted to call the police for help, but Rodriguez then grabbed all the of the phones and began to hide them, so she had to go to the second floor of the residence to find a telephone to use. Police interviewed the maid about the incident and she said she took a pill to sleep and didn't see the incident, but she has worked for Rodriguez for six years and this is a normal and known behavior for him.

Just a reminder what a piece of garbage he is and why I will be booing him on the next homestand:

She told deputies she and Rodriguez had been arguing before going to bed, and he became upset and struck her on the head.

She said her nose began to bleed after getting hit due to a history of physical abuse. The woman told police she grabbed a sweatshirt and tried to stop the bleeding, but then Rodriguez grabbed her by the hair and threw her. Once on the floor, she said Rodriguez then began kicking her and injured her left upper shoulder blade, bruised her left upper thigh and injured her left hand near her wrist.

After the beating, she said Rodriguez dragged her to his car. She told him to take her to the hospital, but Rodriguez screamed at her to change her bloody clothes and refused to take her anywhere until she did. She told Rodriguez she was in a great amount of pain and unable to lift her arm very high, so he cut the sleeve of her shirt so she could remove it.

After putting on a clean shirt, according to the complaint, Rodriguez began to drive the victim around, but she said it appeared they were just driving around in circles in the subdivision. They began to argue again in the truck and the victim said Rodriguez struck her in the chin, then drove around some more before returning to the home.

When they got back, the victim said she wanted to call the police for help, but Rodriguez then grabbed all the of the phones and began to hide them, so she had to go to the second floor of the residence to find a telephone to use. Police interviewed the maid about the incident and she said she took a pill to sleep and didn't see the incident, but she has worked for Rodriguez for six years and this is a normal and known behavior for him.

What a piece of garbage...I never heard the actual details before. I change my tune on this being a good signing. I'd rather lose every game than have this guy succeed on my team.

going to tonights game, give me ideas on signs to have with me. i'll be a couple rows behind the brewers dugout. so far im thinking of going with "Welcome back TPOT"

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived