Brewer Fanatic

Sellers at the Trade Deadline [Designated 2013 General Brewers Trade Rumor/Idea Thread (please see post #162)]

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers match up great with Pittsburgh, they have a great farm system, we need help in our farm system, we're sellers, they're buyers. The only question is whether we want to "trade within our division" that everyone is so worried about that I think is the dumbest thing in sports.

I'm not sure the Brewers have told teams their starting pitchers are definitely available.

I think they've told teams to bring offers for the starters, but I think their asking price is high and it's not all that likely teams are going to meet it. That's why the rumors out there are focusing on the Garza's and Peavy. Remember Gallardo

On the other hand, they are almost certain to deal K-Rod and Gonzalez, and perhaps one other reliever.

Gallardo is still only 27, and this is really his first "off" year. Keeping him isn't the worst idea. He could bounce back to his form of sub 4 ERA next year and if not help the Brewers contend, then he might have more trade value than he has now with an option for 2015 that's not outrageous.

Community Moderator
The Brewers match up great with Pittsburgh, they have a great farm system, we need help in our farm system, we're sellers, they're buyers. The only question is whether we want to "trade within our division" that everyone is so worried about that I think is the dumbest thing in sports.

With what appears to be a potentially serious arm injury to Jason Grilli tonight, the Pirates may become very interested in trading for a closer before the deadline.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

With what appears to be a potentially serious arm injury to Jason Grilli tonight, the Pirates may become very interested in trading for a closer before the deadline.

It's difficult to pull off inter-division trades. That and the reliever would maybe, MAYBE net us a mightily-struggling Luis Heredia from their system but in my opinion not much more. And they may not even do that but there is some desperation.

I'm getting more and more pessimistic about the trade deadline. All I can see them doing is trading KRod and Gonzalez and getting a few mid ceiling prospects, nothing significant. This team will basically be the same next year, just a year older. Yay.

With the Braun suspension and all the flak Braun is getting from this, I wonder if the Brewers FO will refuse to sell and make a big signing in the offseason for the sole reason that the fans would have someone to cheer for. Not because they necessarily think they could compete, but more for ticket sales.

The brewers will hold out for the best deal for their relievers. The Red sox and maybe the pirates will be desperate both want to win especially Pitt.

I'm still high on a Pittsburgh deal just making too much sense getting Aoki. Add Henderson and Pittsburgh would vastly be improved imo!

Rios has fallen back to his true value of mediocre. It just makes way too much sense for Pitt considering their smaller payroll to get 1.4 years of Aoki for his price. Add in to it that Aoki's contract comes to an end in the time that Polanco should see his callup?

Melvin just said his selling/buying tag is more on making a trade he feels is good for both sides! Well, argue with me how an Aoki/Henderson deal isn't good for Pitts while we probably tab a Heredia+Glasnow/Kingham return?

And while interdivision rules apply you're still looking at Pitts being set with Cole/Taillon matchups if Heredia+Glasnow/Kingham become the Brewers #1/2s in 3years. Pitt still wins there. They still have the better talent for #1s/2s then Milwaukee looks to have in the next 6 years at any moment in time.

I can tell you right now, pittsburgh would love to have Aoki at RF and the top of their lineup with Marte and McCutchen. Personally, I would much rather the Brewers go after Kingham and Stetson Allie, Stetson as a 1B is crushing the ball in low minors, drafted as a pitcher, the kid has some serious talent and im not sure what the Pirates org has planned for him.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=kingha001nic

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=allie-001ste

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I really hope we continue to build our farm system before the trade deadline, and after w/ Aramis.

If it were up to me I would trade Axford, Weeks, Lohse, Aoki, Ramirez and Gonzalez for whatever prospects we can get. I think you'd be able to get a fairly large return for this group, and you'd save a ton of money in future salaries.

We'll still draw a decent crowd w/ the nucleus of Braun, Segura, Gomez, Lucroy, Gallardo, Peralta and Henderson. The Brewers will not lose enough fans to offset the cost savings of getting rid of those large contracts. With the savings we'd also be able to get in on some big time international free agents.

Torts- Allie has been impressive with his power but nearly a 35% k rate in the low minors isn't very impressive.

yeah, I realize that, but he was first groomed as a starting pitcher, ignored his batting skills for the better part of two years before ditching pitching and just going back to hitting. I also realize his A+ stats arent too great, but I think he's someone if available, milwaukee should at least consider taking a flyer on

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Thought this was interesting from Heyman's chat today.

So, do the Brewers clean house? Out with Axford, Henderson, Gonzalez? Ramirez, Aoki, etc...

12:15

They might be stuck with Ramirez at this point. He's owed $20M (!) next season ($16M salary plus $4M buyout of his 2015 option) and is hurt, losing power. All the bullpen guys should go, and I think Aoki as well. He's so cheap and productive, they could get a ton. If the right offer doesn't come along, then keep him. No big deal.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Gomez clearly isn't on the trade block so keep dreaming. And Profar is on his 1st year so there's 5 years remaining now after the season.

Please reread my post. There was no mention of Gomez being on the block. I'm just curious on Gomez's current trade value and I would certainly make him available if the return is sufficient.

Yes, Profar has less than a year of service time, but Gomez is only under contract for the next 3 years. That was the point. Gomez should be more valuable than Profar over the next 3 years. Is he enough of an upgrade for a contending team in years 1-3 to make up for years 4-6 of Profar?

Flee Hope you see this as I didn't want to chat about Gomez in Aoki's thread offtopic.

Would I trade for Gomez at Profar's cost? Yeah in an instant. Especially solving Texas' infield problem of not being able to play Profar where he belongs on top of their OF problem. Profar was a top 3 Prospect. Gomez today is in a top 10 position player discussion that's proven himself and can be counted on in projecting forward. Profar has A LOT of growth to do it appears thus far in his ML exposure. I think universally 3.33 seasons of Gomez for the 5+ of Profar universally would be accepted by Texas and their fans. Now of course Profar's problem in Texas also is a problem in Milwaukee til Weeks is moved. I see Profar has played a few games at 3b so maybe with an ARam trade away he'd fit there. until Weeks is gone.

Now, as a Brewerfan, I wouldn't trade Gomez for Profar straight up. Sorry, but with Weeks/Gennett Profar doesn't fill the Brewers need at a cost of weakening a strength. So, I'd fully expect some kind of Upside Pitcher to be included to get me to part with Gomez.

Otherwise, I know there's better deals likely to be offered in the offseason. Gomez is an offseason trade player. I've said it already, Seattle/NyMets are whom I'm dreaming of trading for Gomez this offseason if allowed by MA/DM.

Yeah, this deadline will be disappointing much like I predicted. Not being willing to trade Aoki is incredibly stupid. Sounds like the bids on Lohse and Gallardo just aren't good enough, which is fine. They can wait until the offseason to trade one or both of them. Not being willing to trade Aoki is so dumb though, and not getting offers on the relievers is discouraging.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived