Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Thurs. 5/9

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Thursday's Daily Menu:

All times are Central

Nashville: RHP Frankie De La Cruz at home vs. Fresno (Giants), 6:45 PM pre-game, 7:05 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Jeff Hem is the play-by-play voice of the Sounds; follow him on Twitter @jeffhempbp; we'll link to his blog updates at On the Air…and Off

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; all Nashville games, home and away, will be available to watch via MiLB.TV's $39.99 season-long package ($9.99 to pay for a single month). The audio feed is from the home team. All MiLB.TV details available at the link.

Huntsville: RHP Taylor Jungmann at home vs. Jackson (Mariners), 6:28 PM pre-game, 6:43 gametime

Free Live Audio Link -- Select the Huntsville feed from the MiLB main audio page

Alex Cohen is the play-by-play voice of the Stars; follow him on Twitter @alexmcohen. All games, home and away, are scheduled to be broadcast. It appears four Southern League teams air their home games on MiLB.TV, and we'll let you know when those dates pop up on the schedule

Brevard County: RHP David Goforth at home vs. Tampa (Yankees), 5:05 PM pre-game, 5:35 gametime

Free Live Audio Link -- Select the Brevard County feed from the MiLB main audio page

Manatees audio, hooray! Dave Walkovic is the first play-by-play voice of the 'Tees since 2007, he's joined by Andy Towne; follow the Brevard broadcast booth staff on Twitter @BCManateesRadio. All home games and many road games are scheduled to be broadcast. When road games are only available via the opponents' audio feed, we'll let you know that.

Wisconsin: RHP Damien Magnifico at home vs. Clinton (Dodgers), 6:15 PM pre-game, 6:35 gametime

Free Live Audio Link - 1280 AM WNAM

Chris Mehring is back to do his customary fantastic work as the Voice of the Rattlers. Follow him on Twitter @CMehring; we'll link to Chris' infamous blog often -- Rattler Radio.

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; Wisconsin is one of four Midwest League clubs that have all their home games available via MiLB.TV.

So for the $39.95 season-long package, fans in Brewer Nation can watch all Sounds games, Stars' road games from four Southern League locales, and all Timber Rattlers home games and some road games.

NOTE: 32 of the Rattlers' 70 home games will be broadcast on TV this season. Time Warner Cable SportsChannel has seventeen games scheduled and WACY-TV My NEW32 plans to show fifteen games. We'll let you know when, but won't be providing day-before DVR reminders, so regularly check for proper channel and time planning (scroll to the bottom of this link).

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Programming note: Tonight's Wisconsin game is televised locally on TWC Sports 32. It's preceded by Timber Rattlers Field Pass at 6:00 PM.

Bonus DVR reminder -- Friday's game is on WACY-TV My NEW32 out of Green Bay / Appleton.

Game note: Huntsville and Taylor Jungmann go up against Mariners' prized RHP Taijuan Walker tonight.

I'm a bit antsy about Jungmann's start tonight. Hearing things like "tingling" & "nerve" generally make me pretty unsettled about a pitcher. Here's hoping there's nothing to worry about, and that he can start to get his season on track tonight.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Rattlers game has been postponed. It will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Friday with game 1 starting at 5:05PM.

The awful weather luck, particularly for home games, continues. Wreaking havoc with their TV schedule, too.

Programming note: Tonight's Wisconsin game is televised locally on TWC Sports 32. It's preceded by Timber Rattlers Field Pass at 6:00 PM.

Much like I highly recommend listening to the audio interviews MH links, Chris Mehring does an excellent job with Timber Rattlers Field Pass and it's worth watching and/or putting on the DVR if you have access to TWC Sports 32.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Rattlers and LumberKings rained out on Thursday night

Teams will conclude series with a Friday doubleheader

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

GRAND CHUTE, WI - Thursday's game between the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Clinton LumberKings at Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium has been rained out. The teams will make up the game as part of a doubleheader on Friday. Game one is scheduled for 5:05pm.

Thursday marks the sixth home postponement of the 2013 season for the Timber Rattlers. Overall, Wisconsin has had nine games postponed due to the weather this season.

Fans with tickets for Thursday's game may exchange their tickets - based on availability - for any regular season 2013 Timber Rattlers' home game. Fans with tickets to Friday's game may use their tickets for both games of the doubleheader.

The Timber Rattlers have scheduled Damien Magnifico (3-0, 4.30) and Leonard Lorenzo (1-1, 6.75) as their starting pitchers for game one and two on Friday. Clinton has set Matt Anderson (1-2, 6.29) and Dylan Unsworth (2-0, 2.57) as their scheduled starters.

Friday is a North Shore Bank Family Night with Y100. Children 12 and under receive a free hot dog and soda. Plus, kids 14 and under may participate in Kids Run the Bases thanks to Molina Healthcare after the game.

Plus, Marvel's armored avenger, the Invincible Iron Man, will be on hand to meet and greet fans at the game.

If you can't make it to the game, you can catch the action on AM1280, WNAM or timberrattlers.com starting with the Miller Lite Pregame Show at 4:45pm. My NEW32's Sports Showdown will televise the second game of Friday's twinbill.

Both games on Friday are available on MiLB.TV.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Via Jeff Hem's blog --

Audio from Nashville — “(Jesus) Sanchez Says”

Tonight’s pregame guest is Sounds reliever Jesus Sanchez, who discusses the team’s tough start (9-22) to the year, his great start (3-0, 1.02 ERA, 11 appearances) to the year, his adjustments from last year, such as working on his changeup and his being added by the Brewers to the club’s 40-man roster.

One last Jesus Sanchez post, well for a couple of weeks anyway.

I like that he's adding a change and I've wondered where the notion that he didn't have much gas came from last year? I remember him topping out at 95 and working 91-93 which is good enough, and Jeff basically confirmed that in the interview.

- Plato

- Plato

Final: Huntsville 6 Jackson 2

The Huntsville Stars got to Jackson Generals pitcher Taijuan Walker early en route to a 6-2 win Thursday night at The Joe. The Stars got big time pitching performances from Taylor Jungmann (2-4) and Alan Williams. Jungmann, activated from the disabled list prior to the game tonight, worked 6 strong innings tonight. The Brewers # 2 prospect allowed a run on 4 hits and 1 walk while striking out 2. Taylor threw 80 pitches, 50 for strikes. He was working consistently in the low 90's. For tonight at least, the time on the disabled list seemed to really help Jungmann out.

After starting in his last 3 appearances, lefty Alan Williams was back working out of the bullpen tonight. He worked 3 innings picking up the save, his 1st of the season. Williams allowed a run on 2 hits and 1 walk while striking out 6, including the last 5 batters he faced. Williams, a former Washington Wild Thing, as quietly put together a nice resume since being signed out of the independent Frontier League in 2011.

Huntsville Box Score

Despite being last in the Southern League in home runs coming into the game, the Stars blasted 3 tonight. Jason Rogers, Brock Kjeldgaard, and Rene Tosoni all went deep for Huntsville. Rogers finished the night going 2-4, with a double to go along with his homer, and drove in 3. Kjeldgaard was 2-3 with a walk and scored twice. Tosoni now has a 6 game hitting streak and has reached base in his last 8. Ozzie Chavez also collected 2 hits tonight. Mike Walker and Kentrail Davis picked up the other Stars hits.

Brock Kjeldgaard recorded an outfield assist tonight. This marked the 4th game in a row the Stars have recorded an outfield assist. Over those 4 games, Huntsville has a total of 5 outfield assists, 3 of them by Kjeldgaard. He did start his professional career as a pitcher so the arm is strong and fairly accurate.

Huntsville Play By Play

The Stars jumping on Walker in the 1st

Huntsville Bottom of the 1st

Nick Shaw grounds out, second baseman Jack Marder to first baseman Leury Bonilla.

Ozzie Chavez singles on a line drive to right fielder Julio Morban.

Kentrail Davis walks. Ozzie Chavez to 2nd.

Jason Rogers doubles (10) on a fly ball to right fielder Julio Morban. Ozzie Chavez scores. Kentrail Davis scores.

Mike Walker called out on strikes.

Brock Kjeldgaard strikes out swinging, catcher Brandon Bantz to first baseman Leury Bonilla.

Some 8th inning insurance runs

http://Huntsville Bottom of the 8th

Pitching Change: Moises Hernandez replaces Carson Smith.

Kentrail Davis pops out to shortstop Brad Miller.

Jason Rogers homers (3) on a fly ball to left field.

Mike Walker grounds out, third baseman Vinnie Catricala to first baseman Leury Bonilla.

Brock Kjeldgaard homers (4) on a fly ball to center field.

Rene Tosoni pops out to second baseman Jack Marder.

Alan Williams 9th inning

Jackson Top of the 9th

Julio Morban strikes out swinging.

Abraham Almonte called out on strikes.

Leury Bonilla strikes out swinging.

The Stars (13-20; 5-13 at The Joe) will look to make it 3 in a row tomorrow night. Right hander Andy Moye will take the mound for Huntsville. Game time is scheduled for 6:43 with Alex Cohen's pregame show starting at 6:30.

Final: Tampa (Yankees) 0, Brevard County 5

'Tees one-hit Yanks

Goforth goes seven scoreless in 5-0 win

By Andy Towne / Brevard County Manatees

VIERA, Fla. - David Goforth's seven innings of one-hit ball highlighted the Brevard County Manatees' 5-0 shutout of the Tampa Yankees on Thursday night at Space Coast Stadium.

In four of his seven starts this season, Goforth (2-4, 3.41) has not allowed an earned run. It was his longest start of the season and it was the third time in his career that he has allowed just one hit in a start.

In his first start of the season after five relief appearances, Tampa's Sean Black went four perfect innings but did not factor into the decision. Joel De La Cruz (1-2) hit Brandon Macias in the fifth to break up the combined perfecto and then didn't allow a hit until the seventh.

Cameron Garfield broke up the no-hitter with a one-out double and then scored the first run of the game on a RBI single from Cody Hawn.

After a perfect top of the eighth with two strikeouts for Francisco Rodriguez, Brevard's (18-16) bats added extra insurance with four runs in the home half.

Yadiel Rivera and Lance Roenicke had back-to-back hits to start the inning against Zach Arneson then with one out T.J. Mittelstaedt was intentionally walked to load the bases. Greg Hopkins made Tampa (14-19) pay by floating a single that landed just inside the chalk down the right field line that plated Rivera.

Then with two outs, Garfield doubled for the second time in as many innings to bring in Mittelstaedt and make it 4-0. Hopkins then scored on a wild pitch by Arneson.

Dan Meadows came on for the ninth inning and locked down the fourth shutout of the season for the Manatees.

Brevard County will send southpaw Brent Suter (2-0, 2.13) to the mound in the second game of the series tomorrow, while Tampa's Scottie Allen (3-1, 4.75) will toe the rubber for the visitors, for a 6:35 p.m. first pitch.

Brevard County Box Score

David Goforth had his best outing of the year, tossing seven innings of one hit, shutout baseball. He's alternated good start, bad start, good start, bad start all year. Hopefully he can build on this in his next outing, but seven innings of shut out baseball is pretty impressive. Francisco Rodriguez struck out two in his inning of work. Dan Meadows worked a clean ninth and has yet to give up a run in his five outings. Cameron Garfield went 2 for 4 with a pair of doubles. Lance Roenicke was 1 for 2 with a double and a walk. Greg Hopkins, Cody Hawn and Yadiel Rivera each had a single.

Brevard County Play-By-Play

Brevard County Bottom of the 8th

Pitching Change: Zach Arneson replaces Joel De La Cruz.

Yadiel Rivera singles on a line drive to left fielder Ben Gamel.

Lance Roenicke doubles (7) on a line drive to left fielder Ben Gamel. Yadiel Rivera to 3rd.

John Dishon strikes out swinging.

Zach Arneson intentionally walks T. J. Mittelstaedt.

Gregory Hopkins singles on a line drive to right fielder Eduardo Sosa. Yadiel Rivera scores. Lance Roenicke to 3rd. T. J. Mittelstaedt to 2nd.

Nick Ramirez strikes out swinging.

Cameron Garfield doubles (7) on a line drive to left fielder Ben Gamel. Lance Roenicke scores. T. J. Mittelstaedt scores. Gregory Hopkins to 3rd.

With Cody Hawn batting, wild pitch by Zach Arneson, Gregory Hopkins scores.

Cody Hawn flies out to center fielder Mason Williams.

Brevard County Audio Highlights

Goforth, Manatees toss one-hitter

Brewers prospect walks four during 'effectively wild' outing

By Sam Dykstra / Special to MLB.com

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/0/2/2/44209022/cuts/Goforth_4.7_5_1zbdmei6_wqw6pkub.JPG

David Goforth was a seventh-round pick in 2011. (Dennis Greenblatt/Hawk-Eye Sports Photography)

David Goforth didn't think he had it from the very first inning Thursday night.

He was coming off an outing last Friday in which he had allowed six earned runs on 11 hits in just 4 1/3 innings in Class A Advanced Brevard County's 11-4 loss to Dunedin and had already given up a one-out single to Ben Gamel and a walk to Robert Refsnyder to open the game six days later.

The next six frames told a different story.

Goforth allowed just the single over seven innings Thursday as the Manatees one-hit the Yankees in a 5-0 win. Former Major Leaguer Francisco Rodriguez and Daniel Meadows tossed perfect eighth and ninth frames respectively to close out the feat.

Despite the results, the Brevard County starter maintained he wasn't at his best in the gem.

"Honestly, I think it was a little bit of being effectively wild," said Goforth (2-4), who walked four and struck out one. "I didn't feel that I had my best stuff at all, and actually, it was the worst I've felt all year. I didn't feel like any of my pitches were going exactly where I wanted. It was just one of those nights when I had to grind it out and luckily the guys behind me made the plays too."

The 24-year-old right-hander, who relies on a hard fastball that can touch in the mid-90s, especially struggled with his command in the opening innings. He hit Fu-Lin Kuo in the second and issued leadoff walks in the third and fourth. That led to some understandable frustration in between frames, despite the lack of hits.

"I got a little upset after the third inning," he said. "I went into the dugout and then the clubhouse and tried my best to kind of regroup. I talked to my pitching coach Mark Dewey, and he tried to tell me some things to get back on the right track, like trying not to spin off the ball out of the windup. I never really felt comfortable out of the windup."

Goforth allowed just one more baserunner -- Mason Williams on a walk in the sixth -- over his last three frames.

The Mississippi native's outing continued a trend of alternating successes and struggles. He has accrued four scoreless starts so far for the Manatees, but each has been followed by an outing in which he's given up three earned runs or more. After the latest high-quality start, his ERA dropped to 3.41, almost a full run lower than its 4.28 mark to start the day.

Though the numbers have swung back in the right direction, Goforth admitted he keeps his focus elsewhere.

"I'm not a results guy," he said. "There was that outing last week, where I felt like I made the pitches I needed to but guys were just getting the bats on them. I'm more of a process guy. So on a night like tonight, I'm going to have to work on getting in sync with my windup and work on command because even though the scoreboard looked good, I didn't feel good at all. I want to do what I need to so I feel like I'm making that next step."

Rodriguez struck out two in a scoreless eighth in his second appearance with the Manatees. The right-hander, who owned a 4.38 ERA in 78 appearances with Milwaukee last season, signed a Minor League deal with the Brewers on April 17 and is easing back into the season with a trip to the Florida State League. Meanwhile, Goforth and his teammates shall reap the benefits of the four-time All-Star's presence.

"It's fantastic because you know he's going to lock it down for you," Goforth said. "When we scored a run in the seventh and you see K-Rod jogging in to relieve you, you feel confident that it's going to stay a one-run game."

On the other side, the Yankees hadn't allowed a hit themselves until the seventh Thursday. Starter Sean Black retired all 12 Manatees he faced, striking out four in four frames. Reliever Joel De La Cruz kept the no-hitter going for two more innings before Cameron Garfield broke it up with a one-out double and Cody Hawn ended the shutout in the next at-bat with an RBI single.

The BC line-up has no one hitting over .270... Free Mitch Haniger!

- Plato

- Plato

Sounds Tame Grizzlies, 11-7

Parker, De La Rosa Each Contribute Four RBIs In Victory

Nashville Sounds

http://i.imgur.com/2GXLFG9.jpg

Stephen Parker (Mike Strasinger / Nashville Sounds)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Nashville Sounds plated a season-high 11 runs, including six in the seventh frame, in an 11-7 victory over the visiting Fresno Grizzlies on Thursday evening at Greer Stadium.

The Sounds' 5 through 8 hitters did most of the damage, combining to go 7-for-12 with 10 RBIs and six runs scored, as Nashville (10-22) recorded its third win in the last four contests.

Third baseman Stephen Parker homered and drove in four runs while extending the Sounds' longest hitting streak of the year to 12 games to pace an 12-hit offensive attack. He is batting .318 (14-for-44) during the hit streak.

Catcher Anderson De La Rosa also drove in four runs for Nashville during a 2-for-4 evening that included a pair of doubles.

Fresno first baseman Brett Pill belted a pair of home runs and drove in six of Fresno's seven runs in the losing effort.

Pill spotted the visitors a quick 3-0 lead with a three-run homer to left off Sounds starter Frankie De La Cruz in the top of the first inning. Kensuke Tanaka drew a game-opening walk and Gary Brown singled before both scored on Pill's one-out blast, the infielder's eighth of the year.

Parker pulled Nashville back within a run in the second when he slugged a two-run homer to right-center. The blast, the infielder's fourth of the year, came off Fresno starter Boof Bonser and extended Parker's hitting streak to 12 games, the best effort by a Sound this season.

Nashville pulled ahead with a pair of runs in the fourth. Josh Prince led off with a double to right-center and Caleb Gindl drew a walk. After Hunter Morris grounded out to move up the runners, Sean Halton laced a game-tying RBI single to center and Parker followed with his third RBI of the night, a go-ahead sacrifice fly that plated Gindl for a 4-3 Sounds lead.

De La Cruz left in line for his second win of the year but took a no-decision after the Sounds' bullpen failed to protect the lead. The veteran right-hander allowed three runs on four hits in 5 2/3 innings of action, walking a season-high five batters and striking out a pair.

The Sounds tacked on a run in the sixth when Halton doubled and later scored on De La Rosa's sacrifice fly to deep left-center, stretching the home team's advantage to 5-3.

Fresno pulled back even at 5-5 in the top of the seventh against Nashville reliever Donovan Hand. Pinch-hitter Chris Dominguez led off with a homer to left-center to greet the right-hander. The blast was Dominguez's third roundtripper of the year and the first pinch-hit homer allowed by Sounds pitching since July 2011. Tanaka followed the dinger by drawing a walk and later came home to tie the contest on a Pill groundout.

The Sounds grabbed the lead right back in the home half of the frame, putting up a season-high six runs against Grizzlies reliever Brett Bochy.

Nashville loaded the bases before Parker drove in his fourth run of the evening by coaxing a two-out walk from the right-hander to force in Scooter Gennett, who ha[d] opened the frame by extending his PCL-best on-base streak to 27 games with a single.

De La Rosa followed with a three-run double to center that gave the Sounds a 9-5 cushion. The big inning continued for Nashville as Blake Davis and Hand knocked back-to-back RBI singles to make it an 11-5 game.

Fresno closed out the night's scoring when Pill went yard for the second time in the contest, belting a two-out, two-run homer off Travis Webb in the top of the ninth.

Hand (2-1) was the beneficiary of the late Sounds rally, earning the win after allowing two runs in two relief innings. Bochy (1-1) suffered his first loss of the year after giving up the six -spot in just two-thirds of a frame.

The Sounds will look to capture their first winning series of the season when the teams meet for a 7:05 p.m. finale on Friday evening. Right-hander Johnny Hellweg (1-4, 4.55) will man the bump for Nashville to face Fresno right-hander Justin Fitzgerald, who will make his Triple-A debut.

Nashville Box

Gennett: 1-5

Josh Prince: 2-4, 2B, BB

Gindl: 0-1, 2 BB, ejected in 5th (arguing a called strike three)

Morris 1-4, 2B, BB, E (throw)

Halton: 2-3, 2B, RBI, 2 BB

Parker: 1-2, HR, 4 RBI, 2 BB, E (throw)

De La Rosa: 2-4, 2 2B, 4 RBI, PB, 0/1 CS

Davis: 2-4, RBI

Hand: 1-1, RBI

For whatever this is worth, Gameday had the called strike three that Gindl disagreed with in the 5th as belt-high & over the plate.

Going to skip the pitching box score tonight since it's late.

Nashville PbP

Here's that season-best bottom half of the 7th:

Nashville Bottom of the 7th

-Pitching Change: Brett Bochy replaces Jake Dunning, batting 9th, replacing Chris Dominguez.

-Scooter Gennett singles on a line drive to left fielder Cole Gillespie.

-Josh Prince singles on a bunt ground ball to third baseman Juan Perez. Scooter Gennett to 2nd.

-Cole Garner strikes out swinging.

-Hunter Morris walks. Scooter Gennett to 3rd. Josh Prince to 2nd.

-Sean Halton strikes out swinging.

-Stephen Parker walks. Scooter Gennett scores. Josh Prince to 3rd. Hunter Morris to 2nd.

-Anderson De La Rosa doubles (4) on a line drive to center fielder Gary Brown. Josh Prince scores. Hunter Morris scores. Stephen Parker scores.

-Blake Davis singles on a line drive to right fielder Roger Kieschnick. Anderson De La Rosa scores. Blake Davis advances to 3rd, on a throwing error by right fielder Roger Kieschnick.

-Pitching Change: Sandy Rosario replaces Brett Bochy, batting 9th.

-Donovan Hand singles on a ground ball to left fielder Cole Gillespie. Blake Davis scores.

-Scooter Gennett grounds into a force out, shortstop Carter Jurica to second baseman Kensuke Tanaka. Donovan Hand out at 2nd.

Nashville Gameday

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Nice to see Jungman bounce back...even if it's not the most impressive line with only 2 K's and a poor GB ratio, he shut them down for 6 innings.

Throwing in the low 90's as well. Still holding out hope he can turn into a better version of an Estrada type pitcher and that Bradley can develop. Nelson's surge takes a little of the sting off their slow starts.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Nice to see Jungman bounce back...even if it's not the most impressive line with only 2 K's and a poor GB ratio, he shut them down for 6 innings.

Groundouts-flyouts: Jungmann 9-4

Jungmann, Homers Lead Stars to Victory

By Alex Cohen / Huntsville Stars

In a much-anticipated pitching matchup, Taylor Jungmann outdueled top Mariners prospect Tiajuan Walker (L, 3-3) and the Stars offense hit three roundtrippers en route to a 6-2 victory on Thursday night at Joe Davis Stadium.

The Stars got the scoring started on Walker early in the first inning. To begin the rally, Walker gave up a one-out single to shortstop Ozzie Chavez and then walked right fielder Kentrail Davis. One batter later, first baseman Jason Rogers drove both of them in with a two-run double that gave the Stars a 2-0 lead.

After the Generals offense got a run back off of Jungmann in the top of the fourth with an RBI single from first baseman Leury Bonilla, Huntsville tacked on two runs in the bottom half of the frame as centerfielder Rene Tosoni launched a two-run homer off of Walker well over the right-field wall to make the score 4-1. For Tosoni, the homer was his first of the season and also gave him six runs batted in during his last five games.

Fortunately for the Stars, that offense was plenty for Jungmann. The Brewers second ranked prospect (per MiLB.com) cruised during his first start since being activated on the disabled list. The 23-year-old righty gave up just one run and four hits in six innings while striking out two batters to improve to 2-4 on the year.

In addition to Jungmann, Stars lefty Alan Williams earned the rare three-inning save, giving up two hits and one run while striking out six batters in the final three frames. Williams struck out the side in the ninth to notch his first save of the year.

Offensively speaking, the Stars tacked on their final two insurance runs in the eighth inning, with Generals reliever Moises Hernandez in the ballgame. The older brother of Mariners ace Felix Hernandez served up solo homers to both Rogers and right fielder Brock Kjeldgaard in the span of three batters to put the Stars up 6-2.

Rogers, Kjledgaard and Chavez paced the Stars at the plate with two hits apiece.

For Huntsville, the three homers for in the ballgame was tied for the most in a single game for them this season.

The win for the Stars was also their second straight, marking the first time they have won consecutive games at Joe Davis Stadium this season.

The Stars will try to continue their winning ways against the Generals as the two teams will play game four of their five-game series at Joe Davis Stadium on Friday. Huntsville will send RHP Andy Moye (1-3, 4.76 ERA) to the bump to square off against Jackson RHP Brett Shankin (1-1, 3.43 ERA). First pitch is at 6:43 PM.

Archived