Brewer Fanatic

Help me get excited about this team...

Rickie Weeks losing playing time, finally, and RR will pick his match-ups when he plays other players in his place.

"I'll pick some spots where I look at matchups and see if somebody else can go out there and get hot," manager Ron Roenicke said.

This should actually make people happy.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130518&content_id=47922032&notebook_id=47922152&vkey=notebook_mil&c_id=mil

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that it hasn't been obvious for a while now, but even as bad as last night was it wasn't as bad as the Astros last night. So if ex citement is relative . . . .

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_05_17_houmlb_pitmlb_1&mode=video#/play?content_id=27207249

Wow, just saw that for the first time. It's a real shame the Astros aren't in the NL any longer.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

In fairness, the Astros have a payroll less than some players. They should be bad. We should not be.

Houston might be bad, but they do have a backup catcher with a .931 OPS. Someone named Carlos Corporan. Hmmm, sounds a bit familiar.

Guys, there is reason to believe things are about to turn around.

1. To this point the Brewers have played 10 games vs. STL, which is about 22% of their total games played. STL has the best record in baseball, and they clearly are the Brewers' Daddies. they own the Brewers. Our record is 2-8 vs. STL. 16-20 vs. rest of league.

2. The schedule should get easier. beat LA today, we get PIT and home and Twins for 4 games. Hold serve in the 10 games we get with Philly/Oak/Philly then are series with Marlins, Astros, Cubs, if this team is worth anything, we should be able to make some hay then.

3. Corey Hart is coming back. Jeff Bianchi is hitting. Hopefully that means less Weeks and No Yuni B, which should give balance to lineup.

4. Starting pitching should start to shake itself out. I think Hiram Burgos experiement is over, Fiers looks ready to retake 5th spot.

Brewers should shoot to be in sniffing distance of .500 by All Star break. It isnt out of the question.

It's hard for me to get excited about a rotation that features Estrada, Peralta, and Burgos/Fiers.

The inability to develop starting pitching is going to be the death of this team this year and over the next several.

They were able to keep it going at the top in the past in the late years of Sheets by acquiring guys like CC Sabathia, and then Greinke and Marcum. Now that the ship has sailed on all that, they have no choice but to throw every bit of the pitching they have in the minors at the wall and hope something sticks. So far, nothing has.

Archived