Brewer Fanatic

Sheffield:Yankees treat black players differently/HOF debate

Crazyk1294

I think that Sheff got used to being in the limelight in New York and can't stand not being on the "big stage". He just like to hear himself talk.

I'd like to hear some of the other black players opinions on the same subject. I really think it's time for some of them to tell Sheffield to shut up. Here's their chance.

On the HOF, I'm really not sure about it. If he were to play on one or two teams, then maybe. But, it seems that he leaves controversy and questions behind him at every stop.

How is Sheffield not considered racist? To say Jeter don't know what it's like because he's half white? If a white man were to say anything close to that, their contract would be immediately voided and they'd be packing their bags as we speak.

It's time for somebody to step up and tell these spoiled brats that if everybody were racist, the MLB would be all white. I don't see that happening.

if you combine this latest tirade from Sheffield with his previously provided infinite wisdom why MLB prefers Hispanics verses Blacks, you come away with an interesting viewpoint on Sheffield. not a good one, but an interesting one.

One of his derogatory comments about Hispanics was that they are always too agreeable and will do anything their manager says without questioning it or talking back to the manager. Sheffield thinks this is a bad thing and people should talk back to managers rather than just accepting ther tasks and not questioning it. he feels managers telling people what to do is too much controling them, and the y should stand their ground and not take orders. because giving orders to people is dissing them.

My question : is this how all Blacks think? Is this how some Blacks from poor backgrounds think? or is this how stupid spoiled brats like Sheffield think? Is the Black that is portrayed in movies and newsreels and TV documentaries not the real Black? and Sheffield's thinking is the way the majority of blacks really think?

is Sheffield telling it like it is? is Sheffield the only Black not afraid to tell it like all Blacks know it is ? have Blacks not been honest with their true feelings?

Rather than having a bunch of Whites saying Sheffield is stupid, I'd like to hear from some Blacks and their oppinion is Sheffield speaking the truth that has just been hidden? I know racism still exists.

ESPN reported that some of Sheffield's former black teammates with the Yanks said Torre treated them the same as white players. Even Darryl Strawberry made a rebuttal to Sheffield's assertion. Strawberry saying it says a lot about Sheffield since Straw's teammate with the Mets is Sheff's uncle (Gooden).

SI.com wrote a column that hit the nail on the head in regards to Sheffield:

Archived