Brewer Fanatic

Matt Kemp

rwa12

Not sure why his name is mud. I must have missed that. But this is pretty awesome. I love seeing professional athletes going above and beyond what is expected with things like this.

Not sure why his name is mud. I must have missed that. But this is pretty awesome. I love seeing professional athletes going above and beyond what is expected with things like this.

Yeah no kidding. He said all the right things when Braun was accused of PED use. Seems like a class act to me.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

pretty sweet. I saw Kemp in the Fall League and--while he wasn't my favorite player--he Andy LaRoche were so far ahead of the other Dodgers players that it was laughable. The others were mainly douchebags. Both of these guys were immature, but both really good guys. I think that--in hindsight--it was the fault of the Dodgers that they didn't teach young kids how to behave, be a role model, or treat others around them. Obviously, Kemp gets it now. Good job Matt

I know his name has been mud for some time, and I've never been a huge fan, but this link is pretty impressive. He's a good guy.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/61287/so-matt-kemp-is-awesome

Are you maybe confusing him with the other light-skinned young man who dated Rihanna? I don't recall when Kemp's reputation has been called into question, except by professional crusty veteran Jeff Kent.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think the whole thought that Kemp's name might be "mud" around Brewer parts is that when Braun won the MVP, there were many in L.A and other parts of the country who thought Kemp should have won it. Then, when Braun tested positive for PEDs, that sentiment grew even more with many thinking Bruan should have been stripped of his MVP (and that it should be given to Kemp).

Of course any animosity towards Kemp because of the whole MVP thing would have been misguided. Kemp really had nothing to do with it and, as another poster stated, he said all the right things during that whole situation.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Matt Kemp wasn't particularly well thought of before he became such a great player. Back in 2009 you probably would have gotten a much different reaction to that post. He sort of shed that image over the past 3 years though.

Big fan of Kemp. Just watching the way he conducts himself out here makes me really like him. I always see him signing autographs for the kids before the game...he's very nice to them too. He even drags Ethier over there and has been a good influence on him.

Agreed...I was at the Dodger-Rockie game in L.A. on April 30 and he was signing autographs along the LF line up until about 3 minutes before first pitch. HUGE Kemp fan and even more so after seeing this.

Follow up article in today's L.A. Times makes you want to shed even more tears after you hear the background story:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-0508-plaschke-20130508,0,573673.column

Wow, Matt IS awesome. I'm sharing this with everybody I know.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived