Brewer Fanatic

Johnny Narron

adambr2

Yeah yeah, it's the players making the hits, but it's time to give him some credit.

No one really knew what to expect for an offensive dropoff when Sveum left. Not only did his offense score more runs than any other team in the NL, they did it in a year after Prince left.

He's gotten every bit of the most out of guys like Gomez, Segura, Aoki, and Maldonado, while guys like Ramirez put up Pujols' - like numbers. He's gotten ridiculous numbers out of Betancourt. Somehow, with Ramirez and Hart both out, the offense hasn't missed a beat.

The one guy he hasn't been able to figure out is Weeks, but I'm sure it hasn't been a lack of doing everything possible. Some guys aren't as coachable, and eventually will just need to figure it out themselves and execute.

It is difficult to know from the outside looking in just how great of a coach Johnny Narron is, but everything I've read has been overwhelmingly positive.

He certainly had a fantastic effect on Josh Hamilton

I wonder how good his DVD is. Anyone seen this?:

http://www.narronprohitting.com/

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

The hitting coach definitely matters, it is pretty much impossible to tell how much good or bad he is doing and whatever he is doing it is going to work differently for each player.

Verified Member
Who cares? He is a hitting coach. Fire him when they can't hit. Until then keep him.

can we fire him from being weeks' and gonzalez's hitting coach? clearly he doesnt get it.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived