Brewer Fanatic

Big Stick Autograph bats and Official Game Balls

TURBO

Go to a place like Dicks Sporting goods for a big stick. If I remember right they're roughly 30 bucks each.

For baseballs, I think your best bet is to go on eBay and buy a dozen. The price on em has gone up over the past few years. They used to be had for 10 each. Looking at amazon.com (since eBay is prohibited at my school), they have some there for 165 (13.75 each) for a dozen. But I think you can get em closer to 145 (about 12 a ball) on the Bay. Most come with free shipping. If you can't find anything closer to that, a lot of card shops have em for 15 each, which is a little more, but the convenience factor is there.

Make sure to get cubes for all the balls. I suggest Ultra UV Protected cases. They run a few bucks each or you can get a case of em for pretty cheap on eBay. They stack pretty nicely.

Not sure how hard yer gonna go on this, but you might want to run over to an office supply place and get a label maker for 15 bucks. You might remember who's who, but you might not. It's also nice to have the balls labeled for when you show off yer collection to yer friends.

Hit me up if you have any other questions. Oh as far as pens go, I personally I love balls signed with blue Bic Ultra Round Stic pens for sigs. Papermate blue pens work, but they they seem to die on me all the time. Bics last a long time and you don't ever have to "warm em up"

I was considering getting Roache, Taylor, Haniger and Coulter on bats and balls this year, but I'm afraid I'll have to act quickly, as I doubt they stick in Appleton all season long.

Thanks for the information. I was checking on ebay but didn't see any great deals on them, 6 of the bats can be had for about $140 shipped.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Anyone have a picture of a signed Big Stick? I was thinking of getting Segura on one here in June, but most of my autographs are on balls and pictures and wasn't sure if it was worth getting or not. I only have one bat, it's a Rickie Weeks one that I got at one of those charity things the Brewers had, that one has his name engraved on it and such, which obviously big sticks don't, does that make them a lot less valuable? Whats the value of a signed bat as opposed to a ball or picture in the long run?

I'm contemplating getting 2-3 Segura autographs while they are still cheap and I thought a bat might be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with this? I've never bought a big stick bat before and want to get Segura on one at a signing this weekend.

I went to Dunhams and they do have them, but they had all different sizes. What is the best one to get? Are the black ones the same? I think that would look pretty sweet. Anyone?

I didn't post earlier, because I'm not a fan of the generic Big Sticks. I prefer game used bats, and then maybe a store model bat that has the name engraved on.

The size of the bat doesn't matter as long as its close to a regular sized bat(no minis). If you get black you'll want a fine Deco paint pen in silver or gold depending on the color of the stamping on the bat. If a blonde bat, you'll want a black fine Deco.

Game used prices are pathetically ridiculous. No one should be paying those prices, but as long as people choose to do so, the Brewers will continue to try and milk every penny they can from their game used inventory.

I have a black big stick autographed by Corey Hart that I got from a poster on this site. It is in sliver, looks awesome, but it's the only one I own, or plan to own. Just not into shelling out big cash for autographs.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Are the Sharpie ones basically the same?

http://www.michaels.com/Sharpie-Oil-Based-Paint-Pen/gc1650,default,pd.html

Sorry for all the questions, I've never gotten a bat signed and haven't gone to an autograph signing in awhile, do the stores sometimes just have these types of things available for players to use or is it pretty common to bring your own pens?

Archived