Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-23 Brewers (Gallardo) at Padres (Richard), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-3]

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer bats have a tendency to explode early, then go night night for the rest of the game.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Worst checked swing call I ever saw. How could they both miss it? He went all the way around. Seems like if you miss one that bad you just keep quiet about it instead of tossing somebody with a legitimate complaint.

Roenicke told him to pull his head out of his...you know. I get it. Hard to say that without getting tossed.

My beef isn't with Darling anyway, it's with Fagan. For Fagan to miss that call tells me that he simply wasn't paying attention and therefore negligent in his job, because it was an obvious call. Darling doesn't have the angle to make a definitive call on that. I would want him to appeal to 3rd either way. Once he asks for help, it's not his call. It's 100% a missed call by Fagan.

I've got to tip my hat to Yo. He hasn't had nearly his best stuff tonight, but he's battled, and put up a quality start after a really ugly start.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Damn that man is fast. Jean can just fly.

If anybody still thinks the Brewers shouldn't extend Segura "tomorrow" look at what he just did.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Come on Ryan, crush one.

I've got to tip my hat to Yo. He hasn't had nearly his best stuff tonight, but he's battled, and put up a quality start after a really ugly start.

agreed. he did not have his best stuff tonight. control was off. a little bit of luck and some good defensive plays kept the padres at just 3. that leaping grab by segura was awesome.

Come on Rickie, pick Jean up here.

Horrible 3rd strike call on Weeks. I'm not trying to defend weeks here, but that wasn't close at all.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Rickie needs a day off.

Damn, Jean has a gun, too.

Archived