Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-23 Brewers (Gallardo) at Padres (Richard), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-3]

I'm not sure Gallardo makes it through 5 tonight. He doesn't have it at all. He can't find the strike zone, and when he does it's getting smoked.

Yea, he's so frustrating to watch when he consistently is falling behind in the count 2-0/3-1 etc.

It's one thing that makes Lohse refreshing to watch in comparison.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, my superstar laden fantasy lineup is 10 for 61 to start the week. I just can't buy a hit right now.

Wow, Yuni is really playing out of his mind right now. Risky throw, but what a play!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Braun hits a HR in about 5% of his PA, so it's those kind of considerations that make "The Book" decisions too risk averse.

Again, I am not suggesting I know exactly where that break even point is (would need to simulate it to have a better feel). I just know that walking the bases loaded has all kinds of problems associated with it.

If you consider that Braun did not score then the move "worked" unless you have a reason to not prefer to face Lucroy over Braun all other things being equal.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thanks for bunting with two on and none out in the 4th, San Diego.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Holy crap, Segura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Look at the big picture. It was the 2nd inning. One more potential run (Braun) wasn't the concern. Having Braun ripping a gapper or a HR and breaking the game open was the concern. So given that (along with how Braun has treated the Padres like Lebron treats the Bucks) it wasn't a bad decision to walk Braun.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thanks for bunting with two on and none out in the 4th, San Diego.

A relief pitcher was at the plate. Any manager would call for a bunt in that situation.

Yeah, I didn't realize that was a pitcher. My bad.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I ordered a Jean Segura jersey last month because I wanted something that was a little different and not commonly seen at the park or sought out. So much for that.

It will still be pretty rare for a while. But I am ordering one as well.

I ordered a Jean Segura jersey last month because I wanted something that was a little different and not commonly seen at the park or sought out. So much for that.

On Saturday I visited the team store and noticed that the supply of Segura shirseys was down a bit, but with a jersey, you'll still be a step ahead of the masses.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived