Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-23 Brewers (Gallardo) at Padres (Richard), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-3]

Ok, here we go, Ryan!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bleh.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Its not as much about protection for Braun as it is about having competent hitters up with RISP.

Weeks in this short season already has had 52 runners on base with only 3 RBIs

And MANY of those runners on base were passed onto Lucroy.... who is batting 4th today. That is why I am suggesting that swapping 4/5 hitters is not a huge deal.

And here, the newly protected Braun is getting intentionally walked. I am happy to see this as intentionally loading the bases is always a bad idea.

5 IBBs for Brauny thus far in 2013.

We're going to get into the Padre pen early at this rate. 52 pitches....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUC!!!

That's what you get for intentionally walking Braun!

Its not as much about protection for Braun as it is about having competent hitters up with RISP.

Weeks in this short season already has had 52 runners on base with only 3 RBIs

And MANY of those runners on base were passed onto Lucroy.... who is batting 4th today. That is why I am suggesting that swapping 4/5 hitters is not a huge deal.

And here, the newly protected Braun is getting intentionally walked. I am happy to see this as intentionally loading the bases is always a bad idea.

It is not always a bad idea, just mostly. 2 outs R2 R3 it is clearly better to walk the 8 hitter to get to Ben Sheets

This is where having real protection for Braun would be nice.

Intentionally walking Bruan actually improved the Brewer's situation in terms of total runs scored. Extra runner plus a walk = run. It was a chicken something move and I am glad Lucroy made it hurt.

Simply put, he isn't getting anything to hit. If you don't think pitchers approach him differently with world beaters Greg Dobbs and Placido Polanco batting behind him, I don't know what to tell you.

Wow, I didn't realize Harold Reynolds posted here. An IBB with 2 outs is almost never the right choice unless you have the pitcher or maybe Alex Gonzalez coming up next.

I will bet you my house Braun doesn't get IBB'd again tonight.....

What do I have to put up? I'll put up a dog that eats all your toilet paper or a old Gauntlet machine that has a broken "Elf" but could easily be fixed as he only needs food badly.

Archived