Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-23 Brewers (Gallardo) at Padres (Richard), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-3]

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any rhyme or reason as to why Roenicke seems to constantly flip Betancourt and Gonzalez in the field between first and third?

I can't imagine that there is some sort of foreseen tactical advantage to doing it one way or the other on different days.

Maybe it's just me, but I would think that keeping them in the same consistent position would be more conducive to them learning how to play defense at that position.

I'd add that it isn't like Lucroy is Prince behind Braun. I doubt pitchers are too worried about that .237 avg and .281 OBP Lucroy is sporting. For as much grief as Weeks gets it isn't like Lucroy is setting the world on fire and just screams,"get him to the top of the order."

As of right now weeks OBP actually higher than Lucroy at .284 to .281 on the ESPN game stats.

Broadcast is saying Ramirez is close to returning but couldn't find any information speculating when exactly that might be. Any recent articles on the topic? Getting Gonzalez out of that lineup should help A LOT.

From Yahoo Fantasy:

Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said Aramis Ramirez's (knee) status should become clearer in the next couple day.

Advice: Ramirez hasn't felt any soreness during workouts, but the club will push him harder over the next few days. It sounds like he could begin a rehab assignment soon if his knee responds well to the ramped up workouts. The Brewers will continue to go with Alex Gonzalez and Yuniesky Betancourt at the hot corner until A-Ram is ready.

Thanks. Sounds like we are still talking about a couple of weeks though?

GoGo!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I don't know why this is just hitting me now but with the emergence of Segura and Gomez offensively, if Weeks can turn his ship around .. a lineup of Aoki, Segura, Braun, ARam, Hart, Weeks, Lucroy, Gomez.. wow, I can't even fathom the destruction.

Brain explode.

Holy cow, the http://imageshack.us/a/img198/6445/yunibomber.png is really coming up big for us. And now Gonzalez gets a hit. Sweet!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I don't know why this is just hitting me now but with the emergence of Segura and Gomez offensively, if Weeks can turn his ship around .. a lineup of Aoki, Segura, Braun, ARam, Hart, Weeks, Lucroy, Gomez.. wow, I can't even fathom the destruction.

Brain explode.

And that doesn't even take Yuni into account. (And I don't even know if this should be in blue right now).

There goes that fuzzy feeling from having an early lead. Thank gosh for the DP.

I do not believe that having Lucroy bat behind Braun is going to result in pitchers pitching to him much differently, if at all. I don't think there is much evidence that protection plays much of a role at all. And despite Weeks' bad start and Lucroy's great 2012, they project pretty close to each other.

Ask Giancarlo Stanton how it's working out for him in Miami.....

You have to realize how weak of an argument you are making by providing evidence in the form of one player struggling over 57 PA.

Swing rate is one of the fastest measurements to stabilize with a small sample size.

Simply put, he isn't getting anything to hit. If you don't think pitchers approach him differently with world beaters Greg Dobbs and Placido Polanco batting behind him, I don't know what to tell you.

Brain explode.

And that doesn't even take Yuni into account. (And I don't even know if this should be in blue right now).

It felt weird saying that, didn't it? LOL

Damn, I love the speed on this team! Nori, that was a hell of a bunt and run.

I'm licking my chops right now.

Broadcast is saying Ramirez is close to returning but couldn't find any information speculating when exactly that might be. Any recent articles on the topic? Getting Gonzalez out of that lineup should help A LOT.

From Yahoo Fantasy:

Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said Aramis Ramirez's (knee) status should become clearer in the next couple day.

Advice: Ramirez hasn't felt any soreness during workouts, but the club will push him harder over the next few days. It sounds like he could begin a rehab assignment soon if his knee responds well to the ramped up workouts. The Brewers will continue to go with Alex Gonzalez and Yuniesky Betancourt at the hot corner until A-Ram is ready.

Thanks. Sounds like we are still talking about a couple of weeks though?

I would think so. He has a rehab assignment in there waiting for him as well.

Its not as much about protection for Braun as it is about having competent hitters up with RISP.

Weeks in this short season already has had 52 runners on base with only 3 RBIs

Wow, that's almost hard to do with random luck of balls falling in as part of the equation. Then again, hard to get that luck with so many strikeouts.

Archived