Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-23 Brewers (Gallardo) at Padres (Richard), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-3]

Jean! Nice thing to see turning the game on! Braun loving it, too, I'm sure.

Ryan might lead the NL in RBI this season.

Evening, all!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Luc cleanup tonight?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

My fantasy team will take it. Braun and Segura both starting. I grabbed Jean a few days after the start of the season, and he's done really well for me.

20 RBI in 16 games. I'll take that kind of slump any day of the week. The average will come.

Early runs sure make watching games more fun.

At least Braun has more protection with Luc behind him instead of Rickie. I like Rickie, but this is obvious, no?

I do not believe that having Lucroy bat behind Braun is going to result in pitchers pitching to him much differently, if at all. I don't think there is much evidence that protection plays much of a role at all. And despite Weeks' bad start and Lucroy's great 2012, they project pretty close to each other.

Ooo, the draft starts in a couple of nights. Really looking forward to seeing the newest Packers.

I'd really love to get Montee Ball in Green Bay. I think he'd be a really good fit for the Packers, but we have other areas to address first.

LOL, Quentin back tonight. Careful, Yo. Don't hit him, or he'll charge you like a bull.

Early runs sure make watching games more fun.

At least Braun has more protection with Luc behind him instead of Rickie. I like Rickie, but this is obvious, no?

I do not believe that having Lucroy bat behind Braun is going to result in pitchers pitching to him much differently, if at all. I don't think there is much evidence that protection plays much of a role at all. And despite Weeks' bad start and Lucroy's great 2012, they project pretty close to each other.

Ask Giancarlo Stanton how it's working out for him in Miami.....

What's the rationale between flipping Gonzalez and Yuni back and forth at first and third? You'd think you want to keep the guys at one spot, and make them feel more comfortable in the field. Isn't there something to be said for consistent playing time at the same position?

Wow, that throw was pretty close considering the jump that Venable got.

You have to love Segura. So good at the fundamentals.

Come on Yo, get a double play ball.

Broadcast is saying Ramirez is close to returning but couldn't find any information speculating when exactly that might be. Any recent articles on the topic? Getting Gonzalez out of that lineup should help A LOT.

From Yahoo Fantasy:

Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said Aramis Ramirez's (knee) status should become clearer in the next couple day.

Advice: Ramirez hasn't felt any soreness during workouts, but the club will push him harder over the next few days. It sounds like he could begin a rehab assignment soon if his knee responds well to the ramped up workouts. The Brewers will continue to go with Alex Gonzalez and Yuniesky Betancourt at the hot corner until A-Ram is ready.

Thank you, much needed double play.

There goes that fuzzy feeling from having an early lead. Thank gosh for the DP.

Ask Giancarlo Stanton how it's working out for him in Miami.....

You have to realize how weak of an argument you are making by providing evidence in the form of one player struggling over 57 PA.

Archived