Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-22 Brewers (Lohse) at Padres (Marquis), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-1; Lohse dislocates pinky]

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Rickie "no hit" Weeks ends another inning.

In his last 15 games, Weeks is now 6 for 58 with 24 Ks.

OK. We get it. You don't like Weeks. He hasn't been hitting. I think we all know that by now. But do you really need to comment after every at bat?

OK. We get it. You don't like Weeks. He hasn't been hitting. I think we all know that by now. But do you really need to comment after every at bat?

Who are you, the hall monitor?

First comment I've made all night after a Weeks out.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Yeah he does. He will be silent as soon as Weeks gets hot because that is just how he posts. It might not be very useful but oh well it is what he brings to the site.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Yeah he does. He will be silent as soon as Weeks gets hot because that is just how he posts. It might not be very useful but oh well it is what he brings to the site.

That's not "just how I post" at all. Most of the time, I'm quite positive. And when the Brewers were 2-8, I started a thread that we were going to turn it around, trying to keep morale up.

Edit: And by the way, when Weeks gets going again, I'll be the first one to cheer him on. You have zero idea what kind of poster I am.

Ryan Braun has got to love having Segura batting in front of him. With Jean's speed, how many times will he be in scoring position for Brauny? Wow.

You mean his low 70s speed on MLB the Show? Worst rating on the game.

Is that on a 1 to 100 scale, or the scouting 20 to 80 scale? I've never played the game, but based on your response, I'm guessing it's 70 of 100.

If it's a dislocated pinky, or a broken pinky, can they splint it, and wrap it to the neighboring finger? He'd be able to pitch still. Not sure what he'd do at the plate, but we can't afford to lose him out of the rotation.

Our bullpen has been just incredible during this winning streak. It took them a while to get going, but if they can at anywhere near this level going forward, there's no reason why we can't at least compete for a wild card once Corey and Aramis come back.

If we're at .500 when we get those guys back, we can really make a run. Nobody in the central is running away with it.

Ryan Braun has got to love having Segura batting in front of him. With Jean's speed, how many times will he be in scoring position for Brauny? Wow.

You mean his low 70s speed on MLB the Show? Worst rating on the game.

Is that on a 1 to 100 scale, or the scouting 20 to 80 scale? I've never played the game, but based on your response, I'm guessing it's 70 of 100.

It's out of 100. Just like Maldonado's base running ability of ZERO! LOL....

If it's a dislocated pinky, or a broken pinky, can they splint it, and wrap it to the neighboring finger? He'd be able to pitch still. Not sure what he'd do at the plate, but we can't afford to lose him out of the rotation.

It being his bottom hand is a little more problematic from a hitting standpoint. Though presumably he'd still be able to bunt, as someone already mentioned.

We'll know for sure tomorrow, I guess, but I'd probably err on the side of a DL stint if it's one of those breaks where it might heal crooked. Wouldn't want something small to keep him out of games later in the year (and by "small" I don't mean to diminish the pain--that stuff HURTS).

Let's hope is one of those "pop it back in and put it in a splint and it's good to go."

A 40 year old catcher with a pair of wrecked knees should still get at least a 10 rating, lol. Martin might not be John Wathan on the bases, but he's not that slow.

I'm not sure what to make of the Lohse injury. It didn't look pretty, but it also should be fixable fairly quickly. I guess it's just wait and see. The good news is even a 15-day DL stint means only 3 missed starts.

It's times like these that I think it is important to ask, "What Would Ronnie Lott Do?"

Not just “at Night” anymore.

A 40 year old catcher with a pair of wrecked knees should still get at least a 10 rating, lol. Martin might not be John Wathan on the bases, but he's not that slow.

Agreed. It is quite funny though when he's on first and up in the corner he has a "0" next to ability.

Ya, that's what I'm hoping, too, Cool. If that's the case, he might just miss one start while the swelling goes down. I had the same thing happen once playing baseball as a kid. I was playing second covering on a stolen base, and the runner caught my glove just right where I popped the pinky on my left hand out. Hurt like hell, and worse than a broken bone, which I've had a lot of experience with. It swelled up something fierce, too.

I'm not sure what to make of the Lohse injury. It didn't look pretty, but it also should be fixable fairly quickly. I guess it's just wait and see. The good news is even a 15-day DL stint means only 3 missed starts.

It's times like these that I think it is important to ask, "What Would Ronnie Lott Do?"

Chop that baby off, and put me in, coach. I'm ready to play!

Nasty pitch by Figaro there for strike three.

Another zero from the pen. I like it.

Archived