Brewer Fanatic

How much longer should Rickie be given at the 4th spot?

The stache
Since April 13th Aoki is hitting 132/214/237. Weeks 169/273/260.

Maybe they should both be demoted to the minors and Gennett could play both positions. That would show them. Clearly they aren't trying; Weeks is just refusing to sit down for a game or two because he just wants the extra cash from all them at bats. I bet he spent all winter dreaming this up and plotting how he would play terribly, yet refuse to take a day off just so his performance bonus would kick in and he could laugh-HAHAHAHA. That's something he can proudly tell his grandchildren some day. Poor Jemile don't get it. He didn't wait until a big contract to intentionally start playing bad.

Still, them Weeks's they smart, sneaky smart. Figurin' out how to play really bad once they make a cool million and all. Some people might think if they kept tryin' and playing good, they'd make even more money, but Rickie, he's done got his own angle and it workin' for him real good. Real good. I think he been whispering to Aoki and telling him to start playing bad too.

This is one of my favorite posts of all-time on BF.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey guys, dont worry, we've got another year of Weeks!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Weeks "turned it around" after a similar start last year but his seasonal numbers: .230/.328/.400, a .190 BA with runners on base, 169 K's were really not a very good return on investment. It could be he peaked as a player from age 26-28. The thought of that 2015 contract kicking in is disturbing.

Here is an excellent write up on what could be going on With Rickie Weeks,

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/whats-wrong-with-rickie-weeks/

From July 2012. In July 2012 Weeks hit .272/.380/.533. So yeah, maybe not so excellent.

The fact that it's repeating yes it might be excellent.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Since April 13th Aoki is hitting 132/214/237. Weeks 169/273/260.

Maybe they should both be demoted to the minors and Gennett could play both positions. That would show them. Clearly they aren't trying; Weeks is just refusing to sit down for a game or two because he just wants the extra cash from all them at bats. I bet he spent all winter dreaming this up and plotting how he would play terribly, yet refuse to take a day off just so his performance bonus would kick in and he could laugh-HAHAHAHA. That's something he can proudly tell his grandchildren some day. Poor Jemile don't get it. He didn't wait until a big contract to intentionally start playing bad.

Still, them Weeks's they smart, sneaky smart. Figurin' out how to play really bad once they make a cool million and all. Some people might think if they kept tryin' and playing good, they'd make even more money, but Rickie, he's done got his own angle and it workin' for him real good. Real good. I think he been whispering to Aoki and telling him to start playing bad too.

This is one of my favorite posts of all-time on BF.

Thank you very much. That someone responded to it in a serious manner is a source of pride for me. It may be the greatest accomplishment of my 2013, and here it is, not even May 1st. I'll leave to each of you to decide what that says about me.

Go Rickie! Go Scooter!

• 1 month later...
OPS up north of .800 over his past 17 games. Hopefully we see a lot more of 'Good Rickie' & a lot less of 'The Ballplayer That I Can't Bring Myself To Accept That He Actually Is Rickie' the rest of the way.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

OPS up north of .800 over his past 17 games. Hopefully we see a lot more of 'Good Rickie' & a lot less of 'The Ballplayer That I Can't Bring Myself To Accept That He Actually Is Rickie' the rest of the way.

2dn base - WOAH SOLVDD!!

• 2 weeks later...

Weeks with a double and 2 HR's vs Cubs tonight.

April: .191/ .296 /.319

May: .173 / .272 /.235

June 26: .395 / .477 /.711

Season: .230/.328/.400

Rickie has lit June on fire (1.188 OPS) ... Way to go Rickie ... Stay hot

Rickie is now just behind Brandon Phillips in OPS and pretty middle of the road for NL 2nd Basemen. People overreacted to his poor start but he is back hitting well. If this offense was healthy it would be one the best ever for the Crew. Aoki, Segura, Braun, Ramirez, Hart, Weeks, Lucroy, Gomez. You could put those guys in almost any order and score a good amount of runs.

I will say it again, I am very happy for Rickie. I hate seeing him struggle. He's smoking the ball now, and it couldn't come at a better time.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I will say it again, I am very happy for Rickie. I hate seeing him struggle. He's smoking the ball now, and it couldn't come at a better time.

Well actually it could have come at a better time, like when the Brewers still were in contention or against the Reds who he's hitting .154 against or the Cards who he's hitting .114 against. This now is simply window dressing. Even with his hot June, he still has a dozen fewer RBI on the season than Yuni who's been awful. They showed a graphic on the Cub telecast last night. With runners on, Weeks was hitting .160 and with the bases empty he was hitting .269. After last night those splits are now .177 and .273. Still a long way from a winning baseball formula in my book.

Hopefully his hot streak will generate interest from some team out there. I have no delusions about what he'd bring in return besides some salary (likely not all) relief, but they cannot afford a third straight year where his slow starts help the team get hopelessly buried.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Well actually it could have come at a better time, like when the Brewers still were in contention or against the Reds who he's hitting .154 against or the Cards who he's hitting .114 against. This now is simply window dressing.

I'd be willing to be that if he hit in April like he is doing now and hit now like he did in April the Brewers would have the exact same record (assuming everyone else hit /pitched the same).

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Well actually it could have come at a better time, like when the Brewers still were in contention or against the Reds who he's hitting .154 against or the Cards who he's hitting .114 against. This now is simply window dressing. Even with his hot June, he still has a dozen fewer RBI on the season than Yuni who's been awful. They showed a graphic on the Cub telecast last night. With runners on, Weeks was hitting .160 and with the bases empty he was hitting .269. After last night those splits are now .177 and .273. Still a long way from a winning baseball formula in my book.

Hopefully his hot streak will generate interest from some team out there. I have no delusions about what he'd bring in return besides some salary (likely not all) relief, but they cannot afford a third straight year where his slow starts help the team get hopelessly buried.

That's 16 ABs vs the Reds and 35 against the Cards. Can we stick to real complaints about him like his defensive regression?

As mentioned by people that defended Weeks, this is a small sample size and not indicative of the player he is. Hopefully the recent hot streak is enough to get somebody to take Weeks off the Brewers hands as he is still done as an everyday player.

Being at least average offensively among second basemen is "done as an everyday player"? Granted, it looks like Weeks' best days are behind him and he's not living up to his contract, but that's a premature burial worthy of Poe.

As mentioned by people that defended Weeks, this is a small sample size and not indicative of the player he is. Hopefully the recent hot streak is enough to get somebody to take Weeks off the Brewers hands as he is still done as an everyday player.

Because Scooter looks to be the answer.

The season is full of peaks and valleys. Weeks has always seemed like a streaky hitter, and I don't put much stock it the rbi stat.

How was his cold April or May any different as "small sample size" than his hot June? Come on...

Archived