Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-19 Cubs (Samardzija) at Brewers (Estrada), 7:10 PM CDT

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok game is on now, and I think Billy's explanation is going to make my head explode.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

95 mph to ring him up. Wow, bringing the heat.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Please just one more out. Please....nervous here.

Rule 7.08(i) Comment: If a runner touches an unoccupied base and then thinks the ball was

caught or is decoyed into returning to the base he last touched, he may be put out running back to that

base, but if he reaches the previously occupied base safely he cannot be put out while in contact with

that base.

Segura never reached 3rd and I believe this applies to advancing a base then being fooled into thinking there was an out and having to go back to the last base.

What happened with segura is no different than a rundown. Segura is out and Braun now occupies 2B.

Rule 7.08(i) Comment: If a runner touches an unoccupied base and then thinks the ball was

caught or is decoyed into returning to the base he last touched, he may be put out running back to that

base, but if he reaches the previously occupied base safely he cannot be put out while in contact with

that base.

Segura never reached 3rd and I believe this applies to advancing a base then being fooled into thinking there was an out and having to go back to the last base.

What happened with segura is no different than a rundown. Segura is out and Braun now occupies 2B.

No, Segura is entitled to the base IF THEY ARE BOTH ON THE BASE.

Segura looked pissed after the game. I hope someone gets him to laugh it off a little, it's not that big of a deal (especially after a victory). The way he has played he can make a couple mistakes now and then without the lynch mob coming at him (hopefully).

Henderson is better than Axford at his best.

That is debatable...

Who steals in that situation?

Nice win Crew!

Henderson knows how to pitch, he can throw strikes with all of his pitches at any time, his fastball can hit mid-upp 90's "with movement, which is key" > than Axford.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Henderson is better than Axford at his best.

That is debatable...

Who steals in that situation?

Nice win Crew!

Henderson knows how to pitch, he can throw strikes with all of his pitches at any time, his fastball can hit mid-upp 90's "with movement, which is key" > than Axford.

But you are saying that Henderson is BETTER than Ax at his BEST?

Are you sticking with that?

If so, we are going to have to agree to disagree...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This offense could be absolutely lethal when Ramirez and Hart return. I can only hope that Rickie has figured things out by that time, if not, hit him 8th.

Aoki

Segura

Braun

Ramirez

Hart

Lucroy

Gomez

Weeks

Pitcher

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Turbo,

Henderson is more than capable of saving 49 games based on what I have seen. Just give him the lead heading into the 9th. Watch out Brewers fans we've found another good closer.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

So Segura basically made 2 mistakes. 1) going back to the base with Braun there (he should have let them tag him once Braun reached 2b; and 2) he should have stayed on the base until he was sure who was out.

3) He also tried stealing third with two guys on and no one out.

Archived