Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-19 Cubs (Samardzija) at Brewers (Estrada), 7:10 PM CDT

Hmm, 88 pitches? He might come out for one more.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Topper,

ANYWHERE but 5th means he doesn't like batting 4th? The logic I see employed on this site just gets better and better.

The point is they treat the different batting order positions differently. In their head, they are not in a vacuum facing the pitcher, they have to do different things in different spots in the order. The 4th spot is for "driving in runs" The 1st spot is for "getting on base" etc. Now I know in your view it is impossible for a human being to act differently in different situations, Weeks is a career X hitter so that is who he is, period.

I miss prince fielder. I think I'm having some delayed emtions pop up tonight. Just looked up his career numbers. Happy he finally got that .300 season last year. Man he was really, super ultra productive as a brewer hit 50 and 40+ bombs .299 twice. Im remembering how much fun it was to watch him hit. He added the scare factor to the lineup. I loved him. If i had to choose him or Braun, its prince --no question.

On a similar note I'm also missing my middle school girlfriend. It was always you Emily.

I would PH for Estrada here. Pitch count rising and he's pitching poorly. Should be happy we got five ok innings from him.

In a perfect world I would agree but with no true long man, with Peralta struggling to go deep into games and with a complete unknown in Burgos pitching tomorrow I think you probably have to bite the bullet and hope to get one more inning out of him.

I miss prince fielder. I think I'm having some delayed emtions pop up tonight. Just looked up his career numbers. Happy he finally got that .300 season last year. Man he was really, super ultra productive as a brewer hit 50 and 40+ bombs .299 twice. Im remembering how much fun it was to watch him hit. He added the scare factor to the lineup. I loved him. If i had to choose him or Braun, its prince --no question.

On a similar note I'm also missing my middle school girlfriend. It was always you Emily.

Weeks' remarks translated basically says that he would rather be followed in the lineup by guys that can drive him in, a sentiment probably shared (silently) by Aoki, Segura, and Braun.

Don't you think though that every player feels this way?

There may have been a lot more to that conversation, but what he said just seems so selfish, and works against any type of team concept.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Weeks' remarks translated basically says that he would rather be followed in the lineup by guys that can drive him in, a sentiment probably shared (silently) by Aoki, Segura, and Braun.

Of course. This is Weeks basically saying that he can still be productive should he draw a walk, which is about all he's good for right now, which he knows that, and one of his main reasons why he's productive. My response to this is Segura is looking much better in Weeks spot in the 2 hole and Weeks needs to start getting used to batting somewhere behind Ramirez in the order, and start hitting to get on base. Walks are only so good for so long.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

I'm sure we all miss having Fielder in the lineup, but I'm glad we're not the ones paying him $24M a year.

We still had the best offense in the NL last year.

Absolutely!

No way we could have ponied up that kind of cash. It was time for him to leave, there is no doubt about that.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

if estrada gets past this inning without conceding anymore runs, would this start still be considered a solid outing? 3 runs via long ball.

Definitely. He did not have his good stuff and goes 6 IP with 3 ER, that is a solid outing. If you can only give up 3-4 runs in your bad outings you are way ahead of the curve. A large percentage of his runs are going to come from extra base hits, it is just the type of pitcher he is.

Marco shouldn't have never been out there for the 5th. There was a chance he could have imploded...

He was struggling against the 7 and 8 hitters. I didn't think throwing him back out there against the top of the order was a good idea. I was wrong, and I'm happy to admit it.

It could have very easily gone the other way, but I give Marco credit for toughing it out.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived