Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-19 Cubs (Samardzija) at Brewers (Estrada), 7:10 PM CDT

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank God. Don't have him on the mound next inning. He's going to get killed by the top of the order if he takes the mound for the 5th.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Way to make the pitcher labor, Alex.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Do they always have some kid announcing the hitters at Miller Park?

"Anything other than five, I'm good," Weeks said. "I feel like I'm not doing anything. You might have people [on base] in front of you, but once you drive them in, you feel like you're stagnant. The game kind of slows down to me."

That could be the dumbest thing I've ever read....

Did Samardzija even throw 5 pitches that inning? Awful. Clearly the bottom guys in our batting order never met a pitch they didn't like.

Watch Estrada come out in the top of the 5th and absolutely implode.

"Anything other than five, I'm good," Weeks said. "I feel like I'm not doing anything. You might have people [on base] in front of you, but once you drive them in, you feel like you're stagnant. The game kind of slows down to me."

Its not that dumb, its selfish but somewhat true. I mean it probably is less fun to run the bases with Yuni and Gomez striking out half the time or being in scoring position with the pitcher up

Sigh. Weeks. Awful.

Topper,

ANYWHERE but 5th means he doesn't like batting 4th? The logic I see employed on this site just gets better and better.

Maybe the guy who said he didn't like hitting 4th made an error...

It's not that big of a deal, is it?

At this point, he should just be happy he is allowed to hit at all.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Cubs third base coach is better defensively than Rickie Weeks. Can we trade for him?

Watch Estrada come out in the top of the 5th and absolutely implode.

That is exactly what I expect to happen... He is just not pitching well tonight at all.

Sometimes, a manager just has to see that and act accordingly.

Can we clone Jean..please? ;)

He's right about one thing.

A scholar he is not. I have never had a clue about what he's trying to convey in interviews. Like I understand the words he's saying, but they don't make any sense in the context he's using them in. Period.

It doesn't matter if your starter isn't locating all that well, you don't take him out going into the top of the 5th with a low pitch count. I hope you meant to say that he should get an early leash if he gets into trouble this inning and not that he should just be taken out.

Wow. This thread is basically two guys ******** about Weeks (and everything else). Couldn't you guys just direct message each other?

Over and out.

Actually, there are at least 15 people who have posted in this thread.

:tongue

I could understand wanting to get to the plate in the first inning from a mental standpoint. As for Weeks struggling, we went through this last year and he eventually got it going. We're 15 games into the season; he'll be fine!

Marco's pitch count getting way up there. This might be his last inning.

Ok bats, let's get some runs.

Archived