Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-17 Giants (Vogelsong) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3; walkoff a Lalli pop]

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rickie Weeks is 2 for his last 34 (.059 AVG) with 17 strikeouts. How much more evidence do we need that he's not clutch, and certainly not worthy of batting in the #4 spot?

Enough is enough. He's God awful. Move him down in the lineup. Way down.

I think you are mixing up "clutch" with his general struggling at the present time. It's not that he isn't coming up short in late game situations only.

No but someone posted his career stats in the clutch and they were pretty bad. Something like a 715 OPS, 215 BA.

Can anyone remember a big walkoff hit Weeks has ever had? I vaguely remember something against Isringhausen years back.

Rickie Weeks is 2 for his last 34 (.059 AVG) with 17 strikeouts. How much more evidence do we need that he's not clutch, and certainly not worthy of batting in the #4 spot?

I think you are mixing up "clutch" with his general struggling at the present time. It's not that he isn't coming up short in late game situations only.

No, I'm not mixing anything up at all. He's struggling, and he's not clutch. Two different assessments, both germane to the subject at hand.

He's not clutch, therefore he should not be in the #4 slot. He's struggling, therefore he should be moved down to the bottom of the lineup, and not just out of the cleanup spot.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I understand the frustration, but Weeks liner easily could have scored two runs while Pence got two RBI's for a very weakly it grounder that found the perfect spot on the infield.

Score a run and win, even the bullpen couldn't screw this up! Let's go, guys! Three in a row sounds sweet!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

What happened, I don't have the game on.

Archived