Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-17 Giants (Vogelsong) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3; walkoff a Lalli pop]

Axford is warming up in the bullpen... he's pitched scoreless innings his last 2 or 3 outings, right?

His last 2 outing have been scoreless.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I was in shock that the Angels agreed to trade him for Greinke.

I think that it is going to end being one of the all-time worst trades ever for the Angels. They traded a very talented SS for a few months of Greinke. The Angels failed to make playoffs and failed to keep Greinke. That's pretty bad. Segura's got the potential to be a superstar. Melvin did a good job with that trade.

Segura was always a solid prospect, but never a top prospect. He was never inside the top 50 and 2012 was his first year at SS. I think he will be great, but it wasn't like the Angels gave us a top 5 guy at the time the trade was made.

I think that it is going to end being one of the all-time worst trades ever for the Angels. They traded a very talented SS for a few months of Greinke. The Angels failed to make playoffs and failed to keep Greinke. That's pretty bad. Segura's got the potential to be a superstar. Melvin did a good job with that trade.

Segura was always a solid prospect, but never a top prospect. He was never inside the top 50 and 2012 was his first year at SS. I think he will be great, but it wasn't like the Angels gave us a top 5 guy at the time the trade was made.

Oh I see. Maybe he's one of those guys that ends up being much better than what the scouts thought.

Because Segura's 1st year at SS was 2012 the prospect rankings are meaningless to me. I knew once he found a position and was healthy, the sky was the limit with him. He's grown as a hitter since the trade like many thought he would, and the power will follow in time. He's a great prospect. Top tier talent.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

lol you could hear some fan yell ''Sandoval you're a bum''

Must be one of those drunk fans I've been talking about. A few guys have been making some noise behind home plate; especially after Lohse issued back to back balls to those first 2 batters that reached base.

Because Segura's 1st year at SS was 2012 the prospect rankings are meaningless to me. I knew once he found a position and was healthy, the sky was the limit with him. He's grown as a hitter since the trade like many thought he would, and the power will follow in time. He's a great prospect. Top tier talent.

There is a reason the Angels gave up Segura, Hellweg, and Pena. He actually started out hot as a prospect and regressed as he advanced through the Angels system. Brewers got him at his lowest point in his career. Glad we got him.

Beautiful AB Schafer. Took 2 balls, and forced the pitcher to throw a strike, then was prepared to swing if the next pitch was a strike and wen the other way. Perfect AB.

Archived