Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-17 Giants (Vogelsong) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3; walkoff a Lalli pop]

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That single from Lohse ruined our chances of matching this game by the Braves, also against the Giants (which I would say is ironic if I didn't know what that word meant).

What feat were we on pace for, although still far away from? The all-time record for this feat was set in the above game

We benefit there from the Giant's policy to not instruct blocking the plate.

Gomez would destroy Posey. I'm taking Gomez over any catcher just because he seems like he'd want it more.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Gomez would destroy Posey. I'm taking Gomez over any catcher just because he seems like he'd want it more.

This. Gomez doesn't look it, but he's a big dude, and he gets a lot of momentum built up in 90 feet. Something tells me he'd lay a catcher out if given the chance.

Gomez is also 6 foot 4. Running at full speed. I would take my chances with GoGo as well.

Wanting it more is a myth that does not really exist because currently there is not an equation for it that you can plug into the WAR calculation

Lohse is a better pitcher than I previously thought based on my minimal watching of him. I always wondered how the Brewer just didn't crush this guy but when you have accuracy and get ahead in the count, good things happen.

Hey shut up, you're jinxing him.

No doubt and the odd thing is he's not thin like most fast MLB players are. Often when i watch Carlos running around, i can't help but think he'd possibly be an outstanding cornerback or safety in football if he played football growing up. He has tons of speed, really strong, and very aggressive.

Archived