Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-17 Giants (Vogelsong) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3; walkoff a Lalli pop]

WI Sports Blog‏@WISportsBlog5m

Gallardo said he's buying Lalli's drinks tonight.... #TooSoon?

I may need to re-think my reasoning in the DUI thread if this is true... Lol..

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will agree that NFL instant replay takes much too long (although to call football boring as a result is quite a hard sale when we are baseball fans). That said, the worst thing that can happen in a sport is that the wrong team is awarded a win when they didn't earn it. I believe it is inevitable that every sport will find the right balance of replay usage and implementation given some time. I believe the NFL will speed up their implementation of its use (and they have with respect to the recently mentioned replay of all scoring plays). I also believe MLB will expand its usage to whatever degree makes sense.

I also wish out announcers were educated enough to keep their viewers informed of all the rules. :) I think it is now clear that whatever the level of replay that is eventually instituted in baseball, this play would not have needed to be reviewed.

I don't think I have ever been so excited about the Brewers being 5-8. I will be in the 5th row behind home plate on Friday, so I've been frantic for the Brewers to win a few games to make that game more fun. SWEEEEEEEPPPPP!

Lallipop is already more clutch than Rickie Weeks. :laughing
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Great game.

Went tonight....

Short Observations From Tonight:

-Kyle Lohse seems worth the money already

-Carlos Gomez almost corkscrewed himself into the ground tonight on a first pitch late to win the game. He then hit an opposite field single to get on base. Maybe he IS learning.

-Ryan Braun does not look comfortable at the plate right now

-The Yunieski Betancourt signing may have been laughable at the time, but he's won our last two games for us.

-Ron Roenicke has issues with the bunt; both in when he calls for a sacrifice or getting his players to lay them down successfully

-Jean Segura's fielding at SS has been better than I expected

The worst thing that can happen in any sport is the players not even trying and that is where the NBA is now. Sadly there are talks about the NCAA lowering the shot clock to get the same boring game that we have in the NBA where nobody even tries to play defense. Instant replay is over the top in the NFL for sure but lets be honest here, if there is a problem with MLB right now for the majority of fans it is likely that the games take too long and are too slow paced. Adding instant replay to the mix probably requires fixing these things first.

Gif of the game brought to you by your local Chevy dealers.

http://i.imgur.com/LNx1W9D.gif

Oh my god I can't stop laughing.... :laughing I was on cloud 9 after the Brewers win, but now I'm all the way to the moon after this one. Absolutely hilarious.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

"LALLI LALLI LALLI GET YOUR ADVERBS HERE"

This was positively very very necessary.

Indubitably. ;)

Even if that hit proves to be the peak of Blake Lalli's MLB career, I'm glad he had it.

I stayed up a little longer to watch the Lalli interview, expressly to see who'd deliver the pie to his face.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

"LALLI LALLI LALLI GET YOUR ADVERBS HERE"

THAT is the funniest thing I have seen here in a long, long time!!!

Just hilarious!

(My guess is that the younger posters here have no clue what that means....)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived