Brewer Fanatic

Two (2) Club Seats for sale - Brewers vs Giants Wed 4/17 Outfield Box Sect 345

pepsimax23

sorry these are now sold via stubhub. but very surprised after figuring out the math. stubhub aka "the middle man" collects 43% of inventory which is not theirs. holy cow. (of course the buyer paid more well more than what i'd offered here!)

Where do you get 43% from? IIRC, it was 15% from the buyer + 10% from the seller = 25% of the total sales price.

Even if you take that as 25% of the seller's share, Stubhub gets .25/.85 = 29% of what the seller gets

for the price i'd listed them at.. published price was a few dollars higher (try 20%).. actually thinking more about it, i think that 43% was a conservative estimate bc i didnt even investigate whether there were any extra convenience fees (like that $5 yammer for pdf tix) just relooked at the receipt, there were deductions from commission and MLB transfer fee. regardless of any perspective, the deficit between the paid price and the amt given to the seller - 40+ percentage is an awesome sum.

and i am totally happy with the convenience of conducting the transaction electronically. it was worth paying the middle man in most of these cases i sell tix. i'm just astounded as a former season tix holder with the phx suns, the deficit was 22% with ticketexchange. so now i know how those grand "ticket oak" commercials during prime time TV are funded.

i suppose the takeaway is for person-to-person exchanges (like from bf.net or craigslist) - there is a great opportunity for savings cutting out the middle-man.

Archived