Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-16 Giants (Zito) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CST [Brewers win, 10-8]

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dang it, Nori, you're supposed to get on base to steal, not hit it out of the park! :laughing
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

We have Panda Express here, too. Had it the other night for dinner. Orange chicken, teriyaki chicken and lo mein. Yummy.

Come on Braun, do SOMETHING positive!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Ennder,

I know there is plenty of time between now and June/July to see what we have in the Minors; especially with the way the Brewers starting staff is struggling this early in the season, but I highly doubt Fiers, Burgos, Narveson will be good enough to solidify a starting spot in the rotation ( I could be wrong and we have plenty of time to find out), so at this point I think it's highly likely we go after a SP at mid-season should we be in contention. I'd put the percentage odds between 60-70 percent right now.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

I'm still watching the Travel Channel. Solly's was just featured on a hamburger tour of Wisconsin. The host of the show called it one of the most important hamburger restaurants in America. Living in Atlanta now, I was tearing up a little watching it.

Braun 1 for his last 17, with 10 strikeouts.

Ya, just keep sending him out there, Roenicke. Dolt.

Depends what you mean by "in contention" and "mid-season." Depends how many teams they're behind, how many games they're behind, etc. if they're 7 games out in July, no Melvin isn't going to trade young talent at that point. If they're 2 games out in August, sure they would be in the market for a SP. But if they are in that position in August, it would tell you the SP is doing well anyhow right?

Braun is a pretty sticky situation. If he says he is healthy you have to keep sending him out there. It it as likely that he is pressing thinking he has to carry the team as that his neck is bothering him and causing him to K. He is swinging at pitches out of the zone which to me suggests it is more mental than physical.

Braun 1 for his last 17, with 10 strikeouts.

Ya, just keep sending him out there, Roenicke. Dolt.

If he's not hurt, I sure as heck would keep sending him out there.

They've said a couple times tonight he's hurting. Does he look even remotely normal swinging the bat right now? No.

Sigh of relief.

Archived