Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-16 Giants (Zito) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CST [Brewers win, 10-8]

Anybody know why we haven't been stealing bases at all? We've got all these fast runners-Braun, Aoki, Segura, Gomez...yet we have like no stolen base attempts.

Aoki has 3, Braun and Weeks 1 each.

You need to get on base first. Also, you don't steal 3B much.

Jean Segura is the leading hitter in the National League, and second in the Majors behind Prince Fielder. Aoki has a .421 OBP. They're getting on.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
#DumbTwitterPoll
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I'm Mac, this is my first post and I would like to take some credit for the Brewers offensive outburst based on the fact I started Barry Zito for the ole fantasy baseball team tonight. I also enjoyed the conversation I overheard between my 11 year old and 9 year old after the Yuni-B grand slam, "See, Yuni-B isn't horrible as horrible as dad says he is." To which my youngest boy responded, "You're right, I think he's worse"

Go Brewers!

Was the forum down for everyone a little bit ago? I thought the forum would be blowing up about BA suggesting Yuni as a cleanup hitter.

Yeah I was trying to post about it but kept getting server errors. Both BA and BS were suggesting RRR should maybe consider batting Yuni 4th. I just chuckled

Formerly AirShuttle6104

I'm Mac, this is my first post and I would like to take some credit for the Brewers offensive outburst based on the fact I started Barry Zito for the ole fantasy baseball team tonight. I also enjoyed the conversation I overheard between my 11 year old and 9 year old after the Yuni-B grand slam, "See, Yuni-B isn't horrible as horrible as dad says he is." To which my youngest boy responded, "You're right, I think he's worse"

Go Brewers!

Welcome aboard. First post an anti-Yuni post, well played. You'll fit right in.

Welcome to the forum, Mac.

Another 3.5 hour game on the way. It's an interesting game, but Miller Park ends up half empty at the end because people don't want to stay up that late.

A 53 minute 3rd inning will do that. I don't blame people though. 11pm gets to be late on a weeknight

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Does anybody really doubt that the Brewers will be in the market for another SP at mid-season this season? This in my opinion has nothing to do with Peralta's outing today, because I believe he's going to figure it out, and he just going through some development kinks that young pitchers tend to go through, but rather what's been happening with Narveson and Fiers. The Brewers pitching depth at SP isn't very quality or deep.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Aargh. Speedy Pagan on.

I think whether or not they are in the market for another SP depends how far out of it/how in it they are. Id imagine if they are 10-12 games out they'd likely just ride out the season with the rotation as is. But I could be wrong.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

I don't know why they would be trading for SP mid-season if they're not in the race, but I do predict we'll see just about every starter in Nashville at some point this year.

See, I actually believe they will be in the race by June/July, which is why I proposed this question. Think hypothetically.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Kill the panda.

Ha! I see your zits and raise you a Peralta, who is killing my fantasy team because I started him in a 24 ip min H2H league when I didn't need too.....

And welcome. Anyone who has a child who thinks Yuni is crap even after hitting a grand slam has great genes....

Nice! Let's score some runs!

Does anybody really doubt that the Brewers will be in the market for another SP at mid-season this season? This in my opinion has nothing to do with Peralta's outing today, because I believe he's going to figure it out, and he just going through some development kinks that young pitchers tend to go through, but rather what's been happening with Narveson and Fiers. The Brewers pitching depth at SP isn't very quality or deep.

No I highly doubt it. They will turn to Burgos next and Fiers will get his confidence back in AAA. We have more depth than a lot of teams even if it is minor league depth.

As much crap as RRR takes I will just point out that he has more or less done a perfect job of running the bullpen this game. This has been a rough game for the bullpen considering how things have played out but the order he has picked for the RP has been more or less perfect and he took them out at the proper times considering the game situation.

Kill the panda.

We have this Asian restaurant near us called, "Panda Express", and the first thing I thought of when I heard that name was do they kill live Panda's and express serve them to us to eat?

Archived