Brewer Fanatic

Perfect Game Draft Coverage

As most everyone should know Colby is affiliated with PG, and since he rarely pimps their work here I'll do it for them. Again since I spend my time on the developmental side of professional baseball the draft and following prospects pre-draft is definitely not one of my strong suits so I lean a great deal on PG and BA draft pick analysis.

PG Main Site

PG's Draft Extensive Draft Section

PG's College Section

PG's HS section

I would highly recommend a PG Crosschecker subscription as it is very reasonably priced, offers variable pricing (can go monthly if you wish), and scalable (you choose the level of information you'd like access to).

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Thanks for the nice, detailed plug TheCrew07, it is greatly appreciated, and I'm glad you take the time to check out our site.

Since it was brought up, keep an eye on the site the next 2 days as we update our top 100 draft prospects tomorrow while offering a PG staff collaborative mock draft through the supplemental first rounds (unfortunately no picks for the Brewers) followed by a draft chat on Thursday.

Remember when we brought up Jake Brentz in a different thread? He's been pitching in our Spring League this year and was up to 97 two weekends ago. That's the highest velocity ever recorded at one of our events by a LHP. That includes guys like Kazmir, Bumgarner and Kershaw. It's safe to say he no longer will be available anywhere near where the Brewers pick.

Both he and AJ Puk will pitching at our local showcase on Sunday. I'm going to try and get some video.

I was thinking the same thing... lately when I think of Lohse I think of him in the same way that Seinfeld said "Newman!". While Lohse has been great thus far, from an organizational standpoint I felt this season was a crossroads of sorts, and I really hate losing that first round pick given the state of the system.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Colby's chat from earlier today, .."and he has red hair", my favorite line, made me laugh

Draft Chat: April 18

- Plato

- Plato

PG started their draft preview by state series last week, it would get messy to link all of those articles so I'm linking the news archive in which you can search for a particular state of interest.

News Archives

So far they've covered:

Georgia

California

Alabama

Mississippi

Florida

All of these articles are also linked in PG's extensive Draft Section.

- Plato

- Plato

• 2 weeks later...

PG Pre-Draft Top Prospects

Just a reminder that PG continues to post in depth player profiles and state by state prospect lists. Please check the excellent Draft Section regularly as there is simply too much information to link here.

- Plato

- Plato

- Plato

- Plato

I'm not sure why this kid is jumping out at me, maybe it's the relatively new to pitching thing and the fact that the Brewers cover Southern California well, for some reason he just seems like the type of guy the Brewers would be interested in. Of course being a projectable LHP doesn't hurt as all projectable LHPs are always on my radar... :tongue With a draft so deep in LHP and the Brewers not having a 1st round pick or a legitimate LHP at this time, I sure hope they look at the HS lefties.

Draft Focus: Blake Taylor

- Plato

- Plato

Archived