Brewer Fanatic

Reyes Down, Jays need a Shortsop

Reyes went down last night for the Jays and will be out for at least 1/2 of the year. Yuni was listed as a possible replacement. Seeing either of our backups go would be ok with me. I saw that Biaca got a couple of ABs at Huntsville last night.

Get to work Dougie!

Surely you would trade Gonzalez, wouldnt you. Good for Alex. Good for Jays. And you would get something decent back. Even a reliever. Do we need a reliever? I am happy with StoneFeet as a backup to Segura until Biaca comes back from AA - when did we sign a Biaca? :)

Actually, Prince is a shortstop, too.

Why do we have three shortstops on our team with another ready to come back. Does that balance the three catchers - and no first baseman and no third baseman. This is indeed an odd roster.

I'd give them Gonzalez in a heartbeat just for a little salary relief. Unfortunately the Brewers were the only team that thought Gonzalez had anything left coming off a serious injury at 36 to begin with and it's doubtful his .138 start, has convinced those skeptical teams they were wrong.

Logically, Segura looks like an everyday player. If anyone needs some time off in the middle infield, it's Weeks. The need for a 2 day a week guy to ease Segura into the job, isn't pressing. Betancourt/Bianchi make a suitable set to back up.

does your mind on keeping Yuni and trading Gonzalez change at all if Segura gets hurt for a significant amount of time and you have to go with Yuni at short? I think Yuni looks like a better option than Gonzalez right now becuase Segura is doing a great job at short right now and Yuni is looking decent at 3rd/1st but you put Yuni back at short and all of sudden your infield range looks much much different. Just my .02

If Segura misses time, it could be Yuni and Bianchi splitting time. I guess Prince could play as well. And while Gonzalez would be much better defensively than either of those two, if he continues hitting .140, we simply can't afford to have him on the field. The fact is, we have plenty of SS options, and from what we've seen so far, Gonzalez is lost at the plate.

If they would give us anything for him, I think we'd have to take it.

My guess is the Blue Jays will Claim Gonzalez when the Brewers Waive him to make space for when ARam returns. That's been their MO these past 6months is to claim about everyone right? I'm surprised they don't have their answer from all their claims already.

Surely you would trade Gonzalez, wouldnt you. Good for Alex. Good for Jays. And you would get something decent back. Even a reliever. Do we need a reliever? I am happy with StoneFeet as a backup to Segura until Biaca comes back from AA - when did we sign a Biaca? :)

Actually, Prince is a shortstop, too.

Why do we have three shortstops on our team with another ready to come back. Does that balance the three catchers - and no first baseman and no third baseman. This is indeed an odd roster.

It is and yet somehow Yuni B has 17 RBI's already(I don't place a high emphasis on RBI's, but....just over 20 games into the season, that's telling you something).

And I would argue that having Yuni B playing at 1st, Gonzalez playing at 3rd and Segura you've probably really helped out the pitching with a LOT more range than normal. Yuni B has looked AWESOME at 1st and 3rd as a whole. I get he's terrible at SS and player just...in general.....just awful.

But he's actually replacing the production you'd be HOPING for from Ramirez early in the year!

God I'd be a rich man if I'd have bet on something like that before the season. Throw out WAR 22 games into the year, he might be the 3rd/4th most valuable player on this team(Braun/Gomez/Segura).

The only downside is that we're going to be seeing him on the roster either the rest of the year or until he is SOOO terrible for SOOO long that Melvin and Ronnie are convinced that this is just a fluke. Which means I doubt even when Aram and Hart come back we'll capitalize on his hot start and trade him to a team that could really use him.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

My guess is the Blue Jays will Claim Gonzalez when the Brewers Waive him to make space for when ARam returns. That's been their MO these past 6months is to claim about everyone right? I'm surprised they don't have their answer from all their claims already.

And this is what sucks. We'll end up losing the better player and a guy who could be a vital backup this year and next year(if we decided to re-sign him) because Yuni B is off to such a hot start. I'd rather see Lalli get sent back down and keep Gonzalez until the real Yuni B shows up....

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived