Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-14 Brewers (Estrada) at Cardinals (Garcia), 1:15 PM CDT [Brewers score, come back, go ahead, save and win, 4-3, 10 innings]

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, a win! Such a horrible series but the end result is 1-2, so owell.

I agree 100%. Lucroy is a better hitter than Weeks overall. I'm surprised Lucroy hasn't been placed 4th in the lineup. Weeks should be around 6 or 7.

No doubt Luc should be moved to 4, but I think Weeks is actually a really nice number 2 hitter if he could just perform to his career numbers. The problem is, he might not be that kind of hitter anymore. He's been about a 700 ops guy since his injury, and it's not like we're just talking about 200 plate appearances anymore.

.700 OPS guy since when exactly?

Lucroy...thank you

[sarcasm]Looks like Luc has also overcome his personal demons.[/sarcasm]

Luc claimed it was a mechanical issue, but at least BF.net knows better. Demons finally exorcised!

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I agree 100%. Lucroy is a better hitter than Weeks overall. I'm surprised Lucroy hasn't been placed 4th in the lineup. Weeks should be around 6 or 7.

No doubt Luc should be moved to 4, but I think Weeks is actually a really nice number 2 hitter if he could just perform to his career numbers. The problem is, he might not be that kind of hitter anymore. He's been about a 700 ops guy since his injury, and it's not like we're just talking about 200 plate appearances anymore.

When Weeks was good his natural spot was #2. This new Weeks is a bottom of the order guy. It's just my opinion, but I don't think the old Weeks is going to come back. He just looks like he's quit mentally. He looks scared everytime he's at the plate. Weeks drops his head down everytime he strikesout. As of now I think he should be dropped to the bottom of the order. Lucroy is deserving of the 4 spot until Aramis returns.

1. Aoki

2. Segura

3. Braun

4. Ramirez

5. Hart

6. Lucroy

7. Gomez

8. Weeks

9. Pitcher

That is a very good lineup 1 through 6. Gomez every now and then hits a HR or gets a hit. Weeks at 8 is fine. There would be no pressure on him to deliver. If by some miracle he hopefully finds himself again and gets out of his funk, you bump him ahead of Gomez. I just can't wait until everyone is healthy. It's frustrating watching a team with a great offense play like junk because they're missing key players. Injuries really are a pain in the butt.

When Weeks was good his natural spot was #2. This new Weeks is a bottom of the order guy. It's just my opinion, but I don't think the old Weeks is going to come back. He just looks like he's quit mentally. He looks scared everytime he's at the plate. Weeks drops his head down everytime he strikesout. As of now I think he should be dropped to the bottom of the order. Lucroy is deserving of the 4 spot until Aramis returns.

1. Aoki

2. Segura

3. Braun

4. Ramirez

5. Hart

6. Lucroy

7. Gomez

8. Weeks

9. Pitcher

That is a very good lineup 1 through 6. Gomez every now and then hits a HR or gets a hit. Weeks at 8 is fine. There would be no pressure on him to deliver. If by some miracle he hopefully finds himself again and gets out of his funk, you bump him ahead of Gomez. I just can't wait until everyone is healthy. It's frustrating watching a team with a great offense play like junk because they're missing key players. Injuries really are a pain in the butt.

Maybe we just bench him on the road. I mean, he has a sub .300 OPS on the road this year. It's .929 at home, though.

C'mon man, it's been 46 PA's. Heck, in reality, it's been a bad 20 PA's. Yes, they were really bad, but still, only 20 PA.

Go look at his last 120 games, including this season. His OPS is right at .800. Your overreactions and hatred for Weeks is beginning to become comical.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Weeks's bat speed had decreased to the point where he can't hit a fastball greater than 95 mph. Power pitchers now are having their way with Weeks at this point in his career because they over power him. Weeks needs to change his swing, because there is obviously something mechanically wrong with him. It might get to the point where he needs to be demoted to AAA to work things out. I don't normally get this dramatic after so little plate appearances, but something is really wrong with him at the plate, and it's mechanical. It's adjustment time.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Archived