Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-14 Brewers (Estrada) at Cardinals (Garcia), 1:15 PM CDT [Brewers score, come back, go ahead, save and win, 4-3, 10 innings]

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mr.useless with another productive at bat

The guy after him in the lineup today is starting to heat up and has, historically, been a good hitter with RISP. A radical idea might be to put him in the 4 spot.

I agree 100%. Lucroy is a better hitter than Weeks overall. I'm surprised Lucroy hasn't been placed 4th in the lineup. Weeks should be around 6 or 7.

Putting on the winning runner intentionally. Yuck.

The guy after him in the lineup today is starting to heat up and has, historically, been a good hitter with RISP. A radical idea might be to put him in the 4 spot.

I agree 100%. Lucroy is a better hitter than Weeks overall. I'm surprised Lucroy hasn't been placed 4th in the lineup. Weeks should be around 6 or 7.

I'd be fine flipping them in the lineup but I'm not sure Lucroy is the better hitter. You are free to disagree with these, but updated ZiPS projections:

Weeks: .251 / .341 / .437

Lucroy: .270 / .325 / .413

It comes down to how much you weight their 2012 seasons when coming up with an estimate.

Putting the winning run on base? Against Gonzalez? I really don't get this, especially with Beltran available.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I'd go one step further and say that Weeks should be hitting 8th as of late.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

No doubt Luc should be moved to 4, but I think Weeks is actually a really nice number 2 hitter if he could just perform to his career numbers. The problem is, he might not be that kind of hitter anymore. He's been about a 700 ops guy since his injury, and it's not like we're just talking about 200 plate appearances anymore.

Archived