Brewer Fanatic

We WILL turn this thing around!

The stache
6 in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello, .500!!!!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Winning a lot sure makes for a boring, quiet message board. Somebody whine about something! I need my fix of attempting to calm irrational knee-jerk reactionary posters.

Winning a lot sure makes for a boring, quiet message board. Somebody whine about something! I need my fix of attempting to calm irrational knee-jerk reactionary posters.

All these games of Rickie Weeks batting clean-up and I'm really surprised this board hasn't created a thread about it.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Oxy, while the whining gets annoying, it can also be very amusing. We all whine about different things. For me, I'm finding the MLB club much more fun to follow than the minors since we have few off to good starts down there.

I'm also confident that the next time we lose 3 in a row while playing poorly, The 'stache will start a similar thread trying to diagnose our problems while Adam will start several threads demanding Doug Melvin blow up the team because 1)Braun, Gallardo, Weeks, etc will never have higher value and 2) 2016 is much more important than 2013. TheCrew07 will likely speak about Melvin's ineffectiveness as GM, MA's meddling, overall team short-sightedness, and Taylor Jungmann's prospect floor (rather than ceiling). As for myself, I'll continue to preach patience, show trust in Mark Rogers and our other young pitchers, question whether Scooter or Hunter will ever contribute much in MLB, and have faith that our team will win 85-89 games as currently constructed, while also defending Melvin since's the GM that guided us to the playoffs twice (matching the previous GMs in my 32 years). Occasionally I'll get irritated on the message board, but that's typical over the last few years

7 in a row!!!!!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Winning a lot sure makes for a boring, quiet message board. Somebody whine about something!

In my years reading various different sports forums, generally unless a team is projected to be really bad before a season starts and then ends up being that bad which causes major apathy, those forums are most active when a team is playing poorly. Basically, wanting to vent tends to bring out posters more than wanting to say good job.

Same with stuff like sports and political talk radio. People wanting to vent about topics are often a great thing for hosts of those talk radio shows because when things are going well, callers are less inclined to pick up a phone and say hey it great to see things going well vs things going bad where callers are much quicker to call in and say the coach/manager are idiots, the GM clueless, and certain players need to go.

also, in fairness to TheCrew07, Adam, and the 'stache, I want to point out that I wasn't trying to diss them. I guess we've all been around these forums long enough to realize the views of eachother and our tendencies. I sure hope I'm right with some of my thoughts/feelings and I hope I'm wrong about others like Gennett and Morris. I tried to target common arguments made by a couple posters. We all whine at times. For me, my big complaint has been that the minor leaguers have underperformed this year. I've been arguing that our system is much stronger than advertised, but nearly everyone is off to a slow start. Maybe I am lucky and it's the weather

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My tendency is to run off right tackle on 3rd and short.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Most people who rate minor league systems think our system is better than advertised. They just give overall grades heavily based on A level prospects and we are missing those. We have a really deep minor league system that is deep in 1-2 WAR players instead of 2+ WAR players. Basically deep in major league regulars but shallow in all stars.

While there isn't a Braun or Sheets in the group; I think there are more than a couple potential "Harts" or "Gallardos". If realized that is more then enough talent to keep Milwaukee competitive if DM can supplement that talent with FA and trades. I think there might be reasonable hope that a star might emerge; but those guys are in A right now. A couple years from now we might look back and see how stacked WI was this year. Roache, Haniger, Coulter, Taylor. One or more of those guys is going to turn into a stud hopefully.

8 in a row!!!!!!!

I need to point out that they'll win 12-in a row so that I will get annoying calls from all my friends while they're enjoying George Webbs.

Also, I'm really annoyed that every year the West Coast LA-SD trip has the Brewers in San Diego on weeknights. Seriously, can't they for once land those games on the weekend. I don't want to see Dodger Stadium...I want to visit beautiful San Diego and Petco

I need to point out that they'll win 12-in a row so that I will get annoying calls from all my friends while they're enjoying George Webbs.

Also, I'm really annoyed that every year the West Coast LA-SD trip has the Brewers in San Diego on weeknights. Seriously, can't they for once land those games on the weekend. I don't want to see Dodger Stadium...I want to visit beautiful San Diego and Petco

I love Geroge Webbs!! I eat there before every Brewers game. It's tradition.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

If we are a .500 team, the odds of winning 8 in a row are 2^8 = one in 256. Maybe we are better than a .500 team.

I love my reads about the Crew in the media with the word 'red-hot' always the preface to the bullpen... the 'red-hot bullpen' this and the 'red-hot bullpen' that. Cool.

it's funny how statistics trend towards the middle in baseball...

much like last year, i think this team is a little better than a .500 ball club as it stands, and much like last year, they will get there...

now, if they win 20 in a row....

If we are a .500 team, the odds of winning 8 in a row are 2^8 = one in 256. Maybe we are better than a .500 team.

I love my reads about the Crew in the media with the word 'red-hot' always the preface to the bullpen... the 'red-hot bullpen' this and the 'red-hot bullpen' that. Cool.

And a .500 ballclub has 154 chances to begin an 8 game winning streak over the course of the season--so it should happen once every couple years to a .500 ballclub. As should an 8 game losing streak.

It's nice to have a streak like this without Ramirez and Hart because you know that Segura and Gomez are not .300 hitters for a full season. Once they come back to earth the other guys will get hot.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It's nice to have a streak like this without Ramirez and Hart because you know that Segura and Gomez are not .300 hitters for a full season. Once they come back to earth the other guys will get hot.

Why do you think Segura can't hit .300 in the majors? It's not like he was a career .270 hitter in the minors, the kid hit .313 over 6 seasons.

The 1973 Brewers had a 10 game winning streak and still lost 88 games.

All of this just shows how impressive those 1987 Brewers were. Start the year 13-0, have a 12 game losing streak and lose 18 out of 20 the next month and then go on to win 91 games but still miss the playoffs by 7 games.

Why do you think Segura can't hit .300 in the majors? It's not like he was a career .270 hitter in the minors, the kid hit .313 over 6 seasons.

I think .300 is an unreasonable expectation for his first full season. He may very well do it but that would shock me. I'd be perfectly content with .270 - .280

(cue the stat guy to tell me the difference between .280 and .300 is only X hits per week)

9 in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week on MythBusters. Dougie and Ronnie put to the test the age old accepted urban myth: if you fill up a major league roster with backup shortstops and backup catchers and the injury prone AND you play them in different and random postions each night, the results will be unspectacular.

Tune in to see. Myth... TRUE ....or ... BUSTED

Archived