Brewer Fanatic

We WILL turn this thing around!

The stache

Time cures all. We aren't this bad. we aren't going to be this injured all season and we aren't going to have the worst bullpen all season. (though Ennder probably disagrees with that) :)

I do say We. The team is introduced as your Milwaukee Brewers. They say it is our team when they need a new stadium or sell us tickets. I doubt the team has any issue with fans who identify so strongly with the team that they feel part of it. I think the team itself is happier with this arrangement than having us as outsiders who don't care...or pay, as much.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so we may play .500 baseball from May through September but we'll still end up 15 games under.

I can't remember being so apathetic about Brewers baseball. The team obviously isn't going anywhere this year and they seem to have no direction of where they're going. It feels a lot like the Cubs of years past - a mix of some older decent players with a lot of average/below average players.

Ignore winning percentages over a full season... That's just useless noise...

Even with the missing players, this team is better than a .250 Winning percentage

I'm sure that more than a few playoff teams have had 2-8 stretches...

To quote Douglas Adams, don't panic

The goal at this point has to be to be .500 on June 1st, at which point we will hopefully have a healthy roster. Our starting pitching has been solid enough, and the offense will be fine or better once we get Hart and ARam back. Bullpens are always capricious, so if the starters can keep doing what they have been doing recently we only need two guys to step up and lockdown the 8th and 9th innings. Henderson, Kintzler and Badenhop will be those guys for now. Let Ax pitch some clean innings in garbage time and get things rolling again. It can be done.

I'd expect the Brewers to play around .500 going forward. Not very exciting but no where close to being as bad as some are suggesting.

Why do people care if you say "we" instead of they? So silly...

We will turn it around, but thats because it cant get much worse...

Because we indicates you feel you are a member of the team or organization which you are not. No big deal to me, but that is why.

The whole concept of rooting for a team is silly. Why do have an emotional investment in the success of a baseball team? The closest connection most of us have to the Brewers is that we were born and/or live near where they play.

Yet here we are.

I'd expect the Brewers to play around .500 going forward. Not very exciting but no where close to being as bad as some are suggesting.

Why do people care if you say "we" instead of they? So silly...

We will turn it around, but thats because it cant get much worse...

Because we indicates you feel you are a member of the team or organization which you are not. No big deal to me, but that is why.

The whole concept of rooting for a team is silly. Why do have an emotional investment in the success of a baseball team? The closest connection most of us have to the Brewers is that we were born and/or live near where they play.

Yet here we are.

Because society has deemed that being emotional is BAAAAD unless it is about something frivolous, like baseball.

We are only 3.5 games back of the Cards right now and I'm feeling very good about our chances to win the division. We are coming off of a win vs the Cards and the Reds just lost 5 in a row on the road, and just got swept by Pitt. All is good right now for Brewers fans.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

I have been a staunch supporter and defender of the Do-Not-Deal-Gallardo platform. I've been vocal about this in various BFdN forums. To me, before this season started he was untouchable in my mind.

And I hate to say this, but it may be time to see what he'd bring us in return.

I have been a staunch supporter and defender of the Do-Not-Deal-Gallardo platform. I've been vocal about this in various BFdN forums. To me, before this season started he was untouchable in my mind.

And I hate to say this, but it may be time to see what he'd bring us in return.

This is a move that DM/MA would likely never do, and if they do it, it will be at the last possible moment or for a can't miss mlb ready top 5 prospect. A prospect that a team likely wont want to give up, even for Yovani Gallardo.

I would be in favor of this move depending on how our young pitchers in the rotation shape up, and how Thornburg and Hellweg develop in the minors. I would target a top hitting prospect in return. The Brewers are really going to need another good hitter in their line-up in the next couple years.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

We are a funny mob. When one of our players goes into a funk - or is just playing bad for a long time - we just say 'oh, well, just trade him for someone(s) else who are really good'.

We are in a LOT of trouble right now. That is becuase we have can have lineups with 3+ guys expected to have an OPS around .600. And our bullpen is so bad. So we cannot think to score to many runs. And we cannot think to hang onto many leads we may stumble upon.

And, I cannot forsee any change in direction. If it were me, I would

1) have a four man rotation then the 'bullpen' game every 5th

2) put Weeks back in the two spot no matter what

3) let Lucroy bat cleanup; he seems to have some ticker and will not fall into a screaming heap batting fourth

4) pray

We are a funny mob. When one of our players goes into a funk - or is just playing bad for a long time - we just say 'oh, well, just trade him for someone(s) else who are really good'.

We are in a LOT of trouble right now. That is becuase we have can have lineups with 3+ guys expected to have an OPS around .600. And our bullpen is so bad. So we cannot think to score to many runs. And we cannot think to hang onto many leads we may stumble upon.

And, I cannot forsee any change in direction. If it were me, I would

1) have a four man rotation then the 'bullpen' game every 5th

2) put Weeks back in the two spot no matter what

3) let Lucroy bat cleanup; he seems to have some ticker and will not fall into a screaming heap batting fourth

4) pray

You forgot call up Olmsted/Gennett and demote Badenhop/Prince. Sit Weeks for a few games and play Gennett, Rickie could benefit for some time off and time in the batting cage. No, I'm not kidding at all.

Look out, world. Brewers have won two in a row.

1-2-3 winning streak!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Huzzah!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Three in a row! Just hang in there until we get Hart and Ramirez back, and Brauny healthy.

Stay positive!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Four in a row!

Five in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived