Brewer Fanatic

K-Rod....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously it is possible to be worse than the current bullpen but it'd be difficult. I'd take just about anyone over Gonzalez.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I might just be all hepped up on XX chromosomes, but after multiple allegations of abuse, I want no part of K-rod. Do. Not. Want. On principle.

Also: he's a terrible pitcher at this point.

Win-win for you!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I might just be all hepped up on XX chromosomes, but after multiple allegations of abuse, I want no part of K-rod. Do. Not. Want. On principle.

Agreed, and I have an X and a Y, at least the last time I checked. We don't need to cheer for guys who beat women.

Also: he's a terrible pitcher at this point.

Win-win for you!

I'd say terrible is grossly exaggerating K-Rod at this point.

Even last year when struggling he still struck out 9.0 per 9 IP, had an FIP of 3.83 and xFIP of 3.71.

The two years before ERA's of 2.20, 2.64, FIP's of 2.63, 2.72.

And given the generally accepted idea around here that relievers tend to be very volatiles, I don't know that I'm going to use last year(which again, wasn't "terrible) and his 72 IP as terrible at this point. And his velocity is still almost exactly where it was in '08, his last year with the Angels. He could just as easily bounce back this year and put up similar numbers to what he put up for the Mets.

So if you don't like him because of the personal issues, that's fine, but I think the objections to how terrible he is, given our current state are a bit unfounded. Plus his numbers were inflated with a career high HR rate last year.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Looks like this is gonna happen...all we can hope is that he can actually contribute. Whether that can happen or not remains to be seen. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Can't wait to watch Brewerfan explode when the signing become official though. That's a guarantee.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Doug Melvin has no plan. I want to vomit, and then punch things. Or maybe in the opposite order. Or maybe simultaneously.

I have gone with boycott. I am setting the bar really low too. All they have to do is not start Yuni at 1B. Am I asking to much?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, free agent reliever Francisco Rodriguez has been drawing interest from numerous teams, including the Brewers, Angels and Marlins.

Rodriguez struggled in the first half of the 2012 season, but pitched much better down the stretch run. He also showed improved velocity, which carried over into his stint pitching for Team Venezuela in the World Baseball Classic. Still just 31-years-old, and with 294 career saves on his resume, he could upgrade many struggling bullpens around the league and shouldn't be out of work for long. Those in deep leagues who are speculating on saves should monitor this situation closely.

Source: CBSSports.com

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The deal would be a Minor League deal that could pay him between $2-$2.5 million if he makes the team.

Why the hell would we pay him that much if he makes the team?

It's the time-honored team building strategy of

http://i.imgur.com/GTjIfJl.gif

Anyone can give up a huge inning. K-Rod can do it wearing prescription Oakleys, talking to himself, and then fist-pumping when he gets the third out via the K. That's entertainment, baby. Well worth every penny.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I don't know why people would be that upset if we re-signed K-Rod. Even if he sucks, would he be any worse than what we've been trotting out for the most part?

It would cost more just to suck as much as the bullpen does now.

I blame Wang.

I don't know why people would be that upset if we re-signed K-Rod. Even if he sucks, would he be any worse than what we've been trotting out for the most part?

Well, I guess the way I see it, the roster is already a total mess. I mean, we have Yuni and Lalli as regular starters at the moment. Signing K-Rod probably won't make or break our season at this point.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

K-Rod is living in a dream world if he thinks he's going to get $2 million plus at this stage of the game. I don't see anyone giving him much more than the minimum, to be honest. If he's holding out for a certain dollar amount, he won't be back in baseball.

K-Rod is living in a dream world if he thinks he's going to get $2 million plus at this stage of the game. I don't see anyone giving him much more than the minimum, to be honest. If he's holding out for a certain dollar amount, he won't be back in baseball.

I think you might be underestimating our management team...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Well, I guess the way I see it, the roster is already a total mess. I mean, we have Yuni and Lalli as regular starters at the moment. Signing K-Rod probably won't make or break our season at this point.

Of course not but why just piss away more money at this point?

I blame Wang.

Archived