Brewer Fanatic

Blake Lalli Recalled, Hart Moved to 60-Day DL

splitterpfj
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The entire point of a 3rd catcher is so that you can PH your backup catcher, and not worry about an injury. He has no need to ever hit.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

What would happen if Lalli had a major injury while up and missed a year? I assume the Brewers would be on the hook for the min. wage for next season or something similar injury settlement.?... If so, I assume that is the reason they don't bring someone up that they have no future plans for.

What would happen if Lalli had a major injury while up and missed a year? I assume the Brewers would be on the hook for the min. wage for next season or something similar injury settlement.?... If so, I assume that is the reason they don't bring someone up that they have no future plans for.

they dont bring someone up that they have no future plans for because whats the point??

the brewers are only responsible for compensation while under contract. if Lalli gets called up today, gets hurt in Milwaukee tomorrow and lands on the DL for the rest of the season, they are responsible to pay him for the remaining contract for this season. If Milwaukee then decides to cut ties with Lalli in October, instead of keeping him in the minors next year, they are not responsible for any compensation beyond the expiration of the current contract. so no, they would not owe Lalli anything next year if they cut ties with him, regardless if he gets hurt or not in Milwaukee.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

they dont bring someone up that they have no future plans for because whats the point??

the brewers are only responsible for compensation while under contract. if Lalli gets called up today, gets hurt in Milwaukee tomorrow and lands on the DL for the rest of the season, they are responsible to pay him for the remaining contract for this season. If Milwaukee then decides to cut ties with Lalli in October, instead of keeping him in the minors next year, they are not responsible for any compensation beyond the expiration of the current contract. so no, they would not owe Lalli anything next year if they cut ties with him, regardless if he gets hurt or not in Milwaukee.

So to clarify if he gets an ACL injury and isn't officially cleared by doctors until next July, the Brewers wouldn't have to pay him anything for 2014?

So to clarify if he gets an ACL injury and isn't officially cleared by doctors until next July, the Brewers wouldn't have to pay him anything for 2014?

if they cut him, no. if he's still apart of the organization, yes. now, from my understanding, teams rarely cut ties with a player in the middle of rehabbing through an injury, they're more likely to 60-day DL them so they dont count on the 40-man roster anymore, or just remove them from the 40-man all together, but if the team were to cut all ties with Lalli in the middle of rehab, they wouldnt owe him any future monies.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I thought they were responsible for medical costs throughout the rehab regardless of when the contract expired. Providing the injury was work related of course. While a separate issue from salary one would think it a waste of money either way.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I thought they were responsible for medical costs throughout the rehab regardless of when the contract expired. Providing the injury was work related of course. While a separate issue from salary one would think it a waste of money either way.

I think you're right, if the injury is from your wife dropping a suitcase on your hand or pickup basketball game and they cut ties with you as a player, ending your contract completely, they probably would not reimburse your medical expenses as you go along. if its game related they probably would, but thats all defined in the CBA that I havent really read all that much into.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Archived