Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-08 Brewers (Estrada) at Cubs (Jackson), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-4; save to Henderson]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god that's over henderson about gave me a heart attack

On a side note I am out of state right now and I was forced to watch the game on wgn.....anyways the cubs announcers kept talking about how deep Aoki plays in right field and how they thought it wasn't smart to play that deep.....they must have pointed that out atleast half a dozen times well on the last time they pointed that out was the last out flyout by Castro....I found it funny because Aoki had to take like two steps to the right to get the out.....so after the annoucer just put his foot in his mouth .......he then started the typical Chicago soar loser stuff by saying "well if the wind wasn't blowing in it would have been a grandslam cubs win"........I just laughed and turned the TV off

Check out my MLB 2K12 mods for PC Username = Howington http://www.mvpmods.com/

Community Moderator

I wasn't able to watch the game, but listened to much of it. Can someone inform me what Carlos Gomez is apologizing for on Twitter? He tweeted the following...

@C_Gomez27: I want to apologize to everyone for my actions today, sometimes you get caught in the heat of the moment

And...

@C_Gomez27: I always try to be a good example and carry myself and uniform in a professional way, again I am truly sorry for my actions today. #CG27

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I know he broke his bat over his knee after striking out with bases loaded. He does this fairly often, though. After he did it, you could hear the crowd roar a bit so I wonder if he did something after that. Maybe he threw something? I'm sure it was nothing too crazy or we would have heard about it by now.

Not sure why people are ragging on Henderson. I thought he looked good. The two runners he allowed on shouldn't have gotten on. His fastball had life and some late movement. I was actually surprised how far Castro's ball went; I thought it was a lazy fly off the bat.

I think the Rickie post was a joke. Pretty sure. It has to be.

What he's saying is... fans can be very reactionary. Yes, they can.

I'm a Rickie Weeks fan. I wish he wasn't playing so bad, but he is. When was the last time he had a clutch at bat? Since last year I have watched him get punked by the fastball. He is either too late or he just doesn't swing at it. My post may have been at over the top, but no one can deny that he is not as good as he used to be. I would love to see Rickie of 2010 come back. That Rickie Weeks was a downright nasty hitter. If this new Weeks stays then I don't know what we're going to do with the 2B position.

Weeks put up positive stats against fastballs last year. He was absolutely destroyed by cutters and sliders though. This year he is sitting right around his career norms in hitting so hard to say he has been awful, he just had a couple bad games after a few good games.

I think the Rickie post was a joke. Pretty sure. It has to be.

What he's saying is... fans can be very reactionary. Yes, they can.

I'm a Rickie Weeks fan. I wish he wasn't playing so bad, but he is. When was the last time he had a clutch at bat? Since last year I have watched him get punked by the fastball. He is either too late or he just doesn't swing at it. My post may have been at over the top, but no one can deny that he is not as good as he used to be. I would love to see Rickie of 2010 come back. That Rickie Weeks was a downright nasty hitter. If this new Weeks stays then I don't know what we're going to do with the 2B position.

Here's his numbers the last 104 games last season: .264 .346 .454 .800

Clearly, he has completely lost any ability he's ever had.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'm not too worried about Weeks yet. If he can come back from last year he can come back from anything imo. Unfortunately he has these nasty slumps every year where you would swear that the guy batting isn't even a pro baseball player (kinda like how Jenkins was). The question is how long does it last? 50% of the season like last year? Or just a series or two?

But vegasbrewcrew does bring up a good point. Weeks is terrible in clutch situations. He has no business batting 4th. How many runners has he left on base the last few games since moving down...20? 30? I'm pretty sure the guy still has one RBI on the year. That's unacceptable.

Is this really happening? The Weeks-haters are coming out of the woodwork after two bad games?

As it was previously noted in this thread by Baldkin... after a horrendous start to 2012, Weeks recovered quite nicely.

Also... right now we don't have many options as far as batting someone 4th that can actually hit at all.

Weeks shows pretty normal splits in his career in low, medium and high leverage situations. Hard to say he is awful in the clutch, probably some selection bias at work. He does strike out too much and he does pop up too much so he is probably pretty awful at productive outs which is exactly what we did need last night. I don't know that I would want him batting 4th but then again the top guys I'd want batting 4th are all hurt.

He made a nice recovery but he still had a bad year overall. Especially factoring in he's not making peanuts anymore.

Weeks doesn't exactly get unwarranted criticism. In one week of play, he has tried stretching a ROUTINE single into a double and was thrown out by 10 feet, swung at a 3-0 pitch when the team was down by 2 late, and kept the bat on his shoulder for an entire ab when down by 1 with a runner on 3rd, 1 out and everyone in the park knew a pitcher was due up next. Every single one of them more boneheaded then the last. Add that to the fact that his D seems to be regressing and he's 0 for 9 with 4 k's with risp and I think it's easy to see why people aren't exactly thrilled with his production so far.

The funny thing is he isn't even in the top 10 or 20 of problems this team faces this year. So I'm not gonna get too worked up about it. I'm more ticked off about the bullpen situation, the injury situation, the 1b situation, etc.

He made a nice recovery but he still had a bad year overall. Especially factoring in he's not making peanuts anymore.

Weeks doesn't exactly get unwarranted criticism. In one week of play, he has tried stretching a ROUTINE single into a double and was thrown out by 10 feet, swung at a 3-0 pitch when the team was down by 2 late, and kept the bat on his shoulder for an entire ab when down by 1 with a runner on 3rd, 1 out and everyone in the park knew a pitcher was due up next. Every single one of them more boneheaded then the last. Add that to the fact that his D seems to be regressing and he's 0 for 9 with 4 k's with risp and I think it's easy to see why people aren't exactly thrilled with his production so far.

The funny thing is he isn't even in the top 10 or 20 of problems this team faces this year. So I'm not gonna get too worked up about it. I'm more ticked off about the bullpen situation, the injury situation, the 1b situation, etc.

I agree that Weeks is nowhere near the top of the list of Brewer problems. I'm just concerned that his bad play continues. Yes he recovered somewhat at the end last year, but it was still a bad year. This season in the first week alone, he has made multiple blunders. I am a Weeks fan but I can't deny that he is the opposite of clutch. Maldonado has had more clutch at bats than Weeks lately. When is the last time Weeks hit a clutch single? I don't even care about the long ball. Just a clutch hit is all I ask for.

Archived