Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-08 Brewers (Estrada) at Cubs (Jackson), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-4; save to Henderson]

I just hope Braun truly is good to go and not pressing to get back in the lineup.

I agree. He couldn't bat with the game on the line (and no real PH available) and then less than 24 hours later he is okay to start?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just hope Braun truly is good to go and not pressing to get back in the lineup.

I agree. He couldn't bat with the game on the line (and no real PH available) and then less than 24 hours later he is okay to start?

That is the deluding thinking of Ron Roenicke. If Roenicke had been managing the Dodgers in 1988, Kirk Gibson would have been a decoy. Speaking of that, did someone tell Weeks that Braun was just a decoy and it might be a good idea to swing the bat?

Honestly, I would sit Braun at least one more day to be sure. If he goes down for an extended period of time, we are in bad, bad shape.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This game is a painful reminder that the Brewers could've signed Edwin Jackson earlier in the offseason and not lost their first round pick. Would much rather have Jackson on his deal than Lohse on his + losing that first rounder.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

First Betancourt IBB of the season (Haha Cubs).

You mean first IBB of his career.

Should have just said, Cubs go to intentionally walk Yuni and he still swung at the first pitch. Yuni has never seen a first pitch he doesn't like.

Verified Member
Both teams could end up with double figure runs today. That pop-up by Maldonado almost hit the wall. Jackson seems to be wild EJax as well. Hopefully Estrada can just keep going down and away and keep the ball in the park today.

I gotta say, if Braun and Aoki hit .400 all year, we might be pretty good.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

"Yours truly ready to grab that one... bare handed... as soon as I get up from under this table"

Uke is in good form today.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived