Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-08 Brewers (Estrada) at Cubs (Jackson), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-4; save to Henderson]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 08 | 1:20 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (1-5) | Cubs (2-4)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/cubs.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/estrada-02.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/cubs/jackson-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]0-0, 7.20 ERA, 1.80 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]Estrada will seek to control his adrenaline and his breaking pitches in the Cubs' home opener. The latter escaped him in his season debut, though Estrada did manage to strike out eight Rockies hitters in five innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-1, 3.60 ERA, 0.80 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Jackson will get the assignment in the Cubs' home opener. The righty took the loss in his Cubs debut, giving up two runs on three hits and striking out five over five innings vs. the Bucs. He has a career 1-2 record in three starts at Wrigley.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. CF Carlos Gomez
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 2B Rickie Weeks
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. SS Alex Gonzalez
  7. 1B Martin Maldonado
  8. 3B Yuniesky Betancourt
  9. RHP Marco Estrada

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF David DeJesus
  2. SS Starlin Castro
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo
  4. LF Alfonso Soriano
  5. RF Nate Schierholtz
  6. C Welington Castillo
  7. 3B Luis Valbuena
  8. 2B Brent Lillibridge
  9. RHP Edwin Jackson

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lineup I just filled in at 10:30 came from an ESPN guy's Twitter. I admit to skepticism that Segura would be back already.

PLEASE NO MORE BREWERS INJURIES TODAY. Is that too much to ask?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Word is that the wind is blowing out hard at Wrigley today. The way this season is going, a fan will throw a Brewers home run back into the field and hit Weeks in the cornea.

McCalvy confirmed that Jean Jean is playing.

Formerly Andersoc420

I don't know. I just hate seeing those two out there at the same time because they both offer NOTHING offensively. The only reason I liked Gonzalez when we initially signed him was because he's a good shortstop. Having him at 3B or 1B just makes me want to weep.

At shortstop Both have a decent bat. You are right. at the corners they are garbage but if they are playing short they each have decent power bats. So using that as my logic we only have 2 below average sports today. Third and First

I suppose, but if he couldn't swing a bat yesterday, the odds of his being improved enough to field and stuff today (in the cool damp outdoors) seem not that great.

The wind is howling out of the southwest down in Chicago area. Unfortunately when Estrada isn't striking guys out, he's giving up flyballs.

Everyone should be doing rain dances though for the rest of the series. A few rainouts now are just what the Brewers need.

I really don't think it would be ax based on RRR's comments but maybe I am wrong. and totally agree about Braun. Hope he's actually ready. I'd rather have him sit a day or two extra if hes not

Archived