Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-07 Diamondbacks (Kennedy) at Brewers (Gallardo), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-7, 11 innings]

Haven't visited Rambling Al's site in months, so I figured I'd log on to it to see what that brilliant mind thought of the game.

Did not disappoint.

We'll never know if it mattered, but you'll never see a worse call than the strike three on Weeks. It's truly astounding how pathetic an effort we're seeing already, and that called reeked of just wanting the game over with to get onto the next city. I realize, there's no punishment for not trying or horrendous calls because unions insist on it, because the umpire union only exist to protect people that can't do the job in the free market, but, how that fella ever puts on the equipment again is an embarrassment to the sport.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

Odd, considering it was a strike and that the Brewers were very lucky Lucroy didn't get called out on strikes in the 9th.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gobias Industries, that's a great line there. Seriously, that was mid-thigh over the inner half of the plate. Weeks should have put that BP fastball off the scoreboard. It's hilarious that Al would call that a ball. The two high inside heaters were nearly unhittable, but Weeks still could have shown some effort. Weeks' at bat was a joke

I guess I am completely SAD at the mental approach. When you lead off and are two runs down you would never swing at 3-0.

When the fastest runner on the team is on 3rd, one out, one run down, you would never look at fastballs near the plate.

Physical failures I can handle as a fan. Blatant brain freezes are a bit hard to accept.

And I speak from experience. There have been times I have been completely overmatched in games - at bat - but new the guy on third was really fast. And with less than two out I have managed a slow roller to score the run. I KNEW watching fastballs near the plate was not an option. How in the world does any amatuer player know that - but a professional getting paid 10 mill a year does not know that.

(I dont recall a scenario of being up in the count 3-0, leading off an inning, two runs down, and having to TAKE the next pitch. But I am sure anyone knows that. Just not the Brewers)

I am sad today. Losing is not sad. Failing is not sad. DUMBNESS is sad. (I am sad also about having no first baseman on the team - that is organizational dumbness. So I guess I am organizationally sad)

Gobias Industries, that's a great line there. Seriously, that was mid-thigh over the inner half of the plate. Weeks should have put that BP fastball off the scoreboard. It's hilarious that Al would call that a ball. The two high inside heaters were nearly unhittable, but Weeks still could have shown some effort. Weeks' at bat was a joke

Yeah the only questionable strike call was either the 1st or 2nd. Can't remember which. The called 3rd strike wasn't even debatable. Wasn't even on the corner.

534174_625902010769042_745601195_n.jpg

Ron Roenicke and Doug Melvin headed to Miller Park to see which one can screw up the Brewer franchise more.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Weeks didn't swing because he must have had some confidence that it was a ball. He was wrong. Batters are wrong all the time. I would be more annoyed he swung at 3-0 down by 2 late, as it might be right to never swing in that situation.

Archived