Brewer Fanatic

The 2013 injury thread (Knees, thumbs, shoulders, ligaments: you dream it, a Brewer can injure it)

I feel that way with the bullpen, but not with the lineup. While Gonzalez and Betancourt aren't great hitters on the whole, rarely do I feel like they get completely outmatched by a pitcher where the situation is hopeless.

That is changing with every worthless at bat that Gonzalez makes. He looks lost.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that way with the bullpen, but not with the lineup. While Gonzalez and Betancourt aren't great hitters on the whole, rarely do I feel like they get completely outmatched by a pitcher where the situation is hopeless.

That is changing with every worthless at bat that Gonzalez makes. He looks lost.

Lost? That's being very generous. He looks so bad at the plate that if runners are on base, i find myself really wishing that Yuni Betancourt of all people was up instead. I never would have thought a day would come that i'd want Yuni moved up in a batting order.

Yuni is what he is...but he's the same player as before. He WILL get some hits and some HR, despite the obvious flaws. But when he comes up, I do think he has a chance to do something productive.

Gonzalez on the other hand looks completely lost and overmatched. And to top that off, he's batting 6th.

Any word on if Rodgers is pitching? I still have hope he can come back to pitch in the pen this year

Mass Haas posted about this in yesterday's Link Report

Adam McCalvy:

Right-hander Mark Rogers breezed through an 11-pitch inning in an extended spring game Thursday and will pitch again Saturday. If that goes well, Rogers will begin a 30-day rehab assignment at Double-A Huntsville on Tuesday, Ash said. The former first-round Draft pick is on the DL trying to reclaim his lost velocity.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

For those who missed it, Roenicke says Lohse suffered a dislocated pinkie finger, x-rays were negative, it looks like he won't miss any starts. He said they won't know for sure until they see how sore he is tomorrow, but the finger has been put back in place, and Lohse is moving it around with no problems right now.

For the moment, it sounds like they dodged a bullet on a weird play.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From CBSSportsline.com this morning:

Corey Hart's return could be delayed

Brewers first basemen Corey Hart, on the 60-day disabled list with a knee injury, said he isn't sure whether he will be ready to return once his stint on the DL expires May 30, MLB.com reports. Hart added that he hasn't experienced any setbacks but that his rehab is going slower than expected

"It really depends. If I have one really good week, then I can go play [for a minor-league affiliate]," Hart said. "Or, it could take until the middle of June. I don't know until I can do quick movements without it hurting, and we're not there yet."

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

This is a sad way to see Corey's time with the organization coming to an end. I really wish he could've had a go-out-with-a-bang season.

Yeah, but at least this significantly lessens the chance the Brewers re-sign him to a long term deal. I like Corey, but I think extending him at his age would be unwise.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

When does Bianchi return to the brewers??? seriously, having him spell Weaks at 2B could go a long way in my opinion.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

When does Bianchi return to the brewers??? seriously, having him spell Weaks at 2B could go a long way in my opinion.

He's been up for over a week now.

just shows how much I know, ha!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• 5 weeks later...
June 12th and not close to rehab assignment yet? are we talking July at this point?

I'd say so, yeah. Truly, the doctor said it was a 4-6 month recovery. They really shouldn't have set all those tentative return dates. Everyone just speculated because of what Hart said he'd try to do, and because he usually heals quickly. I'm not that surprised that he's not back yet.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived