Brewer Fanatic

The 2013 injury thread (Knees, thumbs, shoulders, ligaments: you dream it, a Brewer can injure it)

they either need to bring up a catcher or a first baseman...

they could bring up lalli and let maldonado play first

or they can bring up one of the 2 major league ready 1b's at nashville

i would guess the reason no corresponding move was announced with the dl of narveson was because they are trying to decide who to remove from the 40 man

that or they are bring another reliever because screw everything

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since hart was placed on the 15 day retroactive to March 22nd - I am assuming he is eligible to come off on May 21st? (60 days later) ... Adam McCalvy tweeted that he isn't eligible to come off until May 30th - which I think is wrong

Since hart was placed on the 15 day retroactive to March 22nd - I am assuming he is eligible to come off on May 21st? (60 days later) ... Adam McCalvy tweeted that he isn't eligible to come off until May 30th - which I think is wrong

Spring training dates do not count towards 60 day DL time. Only the regular season. So he is retroactive to opening day.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Spring training dates do not count towards 60 day DL time. Only the regular season. So he is retroactive to opening day.

Thanks for the clarrification. I guess I didn't know 60 day and 15 day have a different set of rules.

confused? so am i.

Have there been any updates on Ramirez's injury? Will he actually return after 16 days on the DL?

I realize this is pessimistic, but at this point I'm not expecting Ramírez back before the AS break, if at all this season. The Brewers have been mum about his injury, and imo at this point they have to have determined the severity of the injury.

I can't find any updates on his status. Todd Rosiak even posted a piece yesterday about the team missing Ramírez's offense, including an added-on injury update section detailing five players' statuses. Ramírez was not included. No news definitely doesn't seem like good news at this point to me.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Brewers have said the MRI on Ramirez' knee revealed no ligament tears, which of course they are happy about, I haven't heard much else on it.

I haven't heard anything to make me think this is a major injury, but since Ramirez said it had remained sore since he hurt it in Spring Training, I assumed he'd be out more than 15 days, to let it heal.

I thought they said in the last telecast that it was feeling better and he was riding the exercise bike.

I agree with Splitter's sentiment. If he hurt it the second time because he rushed back from the spring injury in order to make the Opening Day roster, I hope they let it fully heal this time. I don't want him rushing back only to hurt it again.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Thanks guys. I missed that mention in the last broadcast, and I wish I'd been able to find any updates online about him. Good to hear my pessimism was ill-founded. I agree with monty that I really hope Ramírez doesn't return too soon. Need to let that knee get back to 100%.

The thing that bums me out is, Ramirez' injury comes with Hart already out, which leaves such a big hole in the offense. Either they bring Aramis back as soon as they can, to get a bat back out there, or they leave him out until he's truly ready to come back, by which time, they may be buried in the standings.

There's no happy answer, either they risk further injury, or they play on without their 4 and 5 hitters.

I prefer the big picture approach, I think they should sit Aramis until he's healed, but I'll bet they go they other way, and push him back out there.

I prefer the big picture approach, I think they should sit Aramis until he's healed, but I'll bet they go they other way, and push him back out there.

Going off of some of his comments about the injury & its impact on the lineup, my main concern would be Aramis himself pushing himself back out there before he's fully healed.

I will feel significantly better about our chances on any given night with Hart back in the lineup. Right now it feels like we're just making an offering to Jo-Bu and crossing our fingers every night.

I feel that way with the bullpen, but not with the lineup. While Gonzalez and Betancourt aren't great hitters on the whole, rarely do I feel like they get completely outmatched by a pitcher where the situation is hopeless. When Hart and ARam come back this lineup will be pretty deadly. The speed and power combinations up and down the lineup will make it very difficult for a pitcher to navigate through.

Archived