Brewer Fanatic

The 2013 injury thread (Knees, thumbs, shoulders, ligaments: you dream it, a Brewer can injure it)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also Braun is out again tonight with the quote "can't move his neck" doesnt sound like he will be back tomorrow either. Yuni B is gonna be hitting cleanup.

I thought I saw elsewhere that it is Gonzalez??

Also Braun is out again tonight with the quote "can't move his neck" doesnt sound like he will be back tomorrow either. Yuni B is gonna be hitting cleanup.

It was painful to just look at Braunie last night. You could see he literally couldn't turn his head I hate when that happens.

Gonzalez at 1B is embarrassing. YuniB at 1B makes me want to just stop watching the Brewers completely.

^this

Way too early to feel this bad about the team, but man, this really sucks.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Calling up prince is insane!!!!! They have 3 ss and 2 cf on the team already.

no its not if you plan on unleashing the teams speed (to getting out on base faster).

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Verified Member
Calling up prince is insane!!!!! They have 3 ss and 2 cf on the team already.

no its not if you plan on unleashing the teams speed (to getting out on base faster).

What's the record for the number of bunts in a game? It might be fun to try to set that one.

Hey Scott Rolen this is Doug Melvin, what have you been up to? Honestly I would rather see Stephen Parker play third, Morris or Halton play first, say bye bye to Yuni and let Gonzo do what he was intended to do, back up Rickie in the close and late innings, give Segura some rest and pinch hit.

I suspect you can go to the AAA roster of almost any team in the majors and find an expendable veteran that could be had for about twelve dollars.

Yes, it's time:

http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2008/12/03/2008466486.jpg

Gonzalez at 1B is embarrassing. YuniB at 1B makes me want to just stop watching the Brewers completely.
Signing him was my worst nightmare...starting at 1B is enough to make my head explode. They might as well bring Braden Looper back...and let him fight with Kotsay for CF.

If our top 5 CF all got hurt it would probably be a valid move to bring Kotsay back. We have had a major injury stack and any time that happens you are mostly screwed. We are in as bad a spot as the Yankees are for injuries at this point.

If our top 5 CF all got hurt it would probably be a valid move to bring Kotsay back. We have had a major injury stack and any time that happens you are mostly screwed. We are in as bad a spot as the Yankees are for injuries at this point.

Yeah, I just wish we had a first baseman at AAA we could call up.

The decision to name Gonzalez the first baseman, and then make that so irrefutable that you sign Yuni to be the backup SS (for some reason Gonzalez couldn't come off first to backup SS) was a horrible idea.

We had Halton or Morris who could've been added to the 40 man to play 1B while Hart was out. Yuni never had to be signed, as Gonzalez would've remained the utility IF. The injuries stink, and losing Hart, Ramirez and Braun is a tough nut to swallow, but we'd be in much better shape if they had just made the simple decision to let Morris or Halton play first.

Of course, this illustrates how tying most of your money into a few high-priced, aging guys, leaving yourself with no financial flexibility, less-than-adequate role players and a poor farm system which is incapable of backing up the MLB roster can backfire, but we've been down that road all offseason.

30-somethings' bodies break down. We should get used to that with the 30-somethings on our roster, and we absolutely should not even think of extending Hart past this season, or this scenarion will be the norm far more than the exception.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

If Segura is hurt for any multiple of days, Halton or Morris better be on the first plane to Chicago in time for the game tomorrow. Our bench is weak enough as it is, the last thing that we need is another guy who is too hurt to play but not hurt enough to DL.

This season is fast approaching washout! My fury with the team's moves and idea on fixing it via a Miami Firesale though is looking better and better of occuring with each loss. It's even better with Ramirez/Hart on DL so solid production from either upon return in less chances makes them look that more appealing.

Segura going down after his start on the season is just such a low blow. I hope he avoids the DL and just has to miss a game or two.

On Deck And now batting for the cycle in infield injuries Rickie Weeks...

My son and I have noticed something before games over the last couple of years and again have noticed it this year for the 2 games we attended this last week...About 15-20 minutes before the game the visiting team has almost everyone out on the 3rd base line doing stretching and running. However, the Brewers usually just have a handful on the first base line. Last Tuesday I think the Brewers had 3 or 4 guys out there. We thought it looked really bad. On Saturday they may have had 5. Is this becoming a trend for a home team? Are they in the tunnels taking extra BP or doing stretching in there (seems like it would be better to stretch and run sprints outside, especially when you have a roof)?

Like I said, seemed to have noticed it more over the last few years.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I think you're just looking for a nit to pick.

EDIT: To Patrick.

I knew someone would have a "roll eyes" response like this to my post (in this era where some actually want PEDs to be legalized...I'll roll my eyes at that). But..you don't find anything odd about that? I wish I had taken a picture last Tuesday. It looked really bad. Colorado had 9 or 10 guys out on the 3rd base line stretching and doing sprints. The Brewers had 3. This seems to be common for every home game. I'm pretty sure this was not the case 3+ years ago. I don't know how that's "nit picking".

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

So the Brewers had 5 or 6 fewer guys stretching and running 15 minutes before the game. Big deal. If you're trying to say that they aren't sufficiently warmed up and that is leading to injuries, I'd say you're incorrect.

I think you're just looking for a nit to pick.

EDIT: To Patrick.

I knew someone would have a "roll eyes" response like this to my post (in this era where some actually want PEDs to be legalized...I'll roll my eyes at that). But..you don't find anything odd about that? I wish I had taken a picture last Tuesday. It looked really bad. Colorado had 9 or 10 guys out on the 3rd base line stretching and doing sprints. The Brewers had 3. This seems to be common for every home game. I know for a fact that this was not the case 3+ years ago. I don't know how that's "nit picking".

The home team gets the field first. Then they let the visiting team warm up afterwards. After the home team warms up they go back to the locker room, and do whatever warm ups they need to do in the tunnels down there. It's something that has been happening for... oh... 40 years, give or take. If you'd see the Brewers on the road and get in early, you'd see a lot more guys out there doing sprints and such.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

These little injuries that Braun gets every year concern me more than the others. What's with this guy? Could it be PED's? It's injuries like this one that made me think Fielder was the MVP in 2011. Braun isn't helping his team when he sits out 10 games every year. Guys on his level need to be in there every day. He hurts himself swinging a bat in BP? Geesh!

Archived