Brewer Fanatic

The 2013 injury thread (Knees, thumbs, shoulders, ligaments: you dream it, a Brewer can injure it)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully just precautionary....it didn't look that bad when it happened. Didn't seem to be in a huge amount of pain but I guess well see. Season for the brewers will be all but over if its anything even remotely long term

Basically three cases:

1) It turns out to be "nothing," he's day to day and back in the lineup soon.

2) It's similar to what he did this spring, which was also classified as a "knee sprain," he hits the 15-day DL and will be back at 100% in two weeks.

3) He's out for the season.

I'm hoping for #1, expecting #2 and praying it's not #3.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

he was quoted last night saying it hurt worse than the sprain this spring... sooo....

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

At some point during the ride home last night, I read someone's account (either McCalvy's or Andrew Gruman's, I think), saying that Aramis admitted the knee hadn't been back to 100% from his spring injury, and that it felt worse after Friday's slide. If no immediately-season-ending tear is discovered on the MRI, I'd more anticipate a "15-day DL" stint that exceeds 15 days - kind of a # 2.5 on monty57's list.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

http://brewersrumors.com/2013/04/06/ramirez-expect-to-hit-disabled-list/

Doesn't sound good. Doesn't say how serious either though but if it were the acl they would have 40 man space so hopefully 15 day dl.

Hopefully Morris up and Gonzalez to third.

From that link:

Placing first-baseman Corey Hart on the 60-day disabled list may be the only option for the club. This would allow players not currently on the 40-man roster to be called up to help with the Brewers’ bench

I would think that putting Bianchi or Green on the 60-day DL would also be options. Plus, bringing Morris up wouldn't be done to "help with the Brewers' bench," as I'd assume he'd be the starting 1B. At least, I'd hope they wouldn't bring him up to sit the bench while Yuni manned 1B every day.

On a side note, it would be really nice if Gennett could play somewhere other than 2B.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Assuming they don't put hart on the 60 day DL...what's the most likely scenario to clear a 40 man space for Morris?

You would hope/think it's a Betancourt DFA.

Not disagreeing, but I would be shocked if that happens.

This doesn't sound good.

If it's a 15-day thing, there has to be a better option at 1B. Gonzalez's primary value is in the field. Yuni's primary value is on the bench.

FWIW, zips projections:

Yuni: .258/.286/.414

Gonzalez: .248/.285/.412

Morris: .253/.291/.449

Morris is 25.5 years old right now, so I'm not concerned about burning service time. If Ramirez does have to go to even the 15-day DL, I think they ought to bring up Morris and see what he can do, sending Gonzalez over to 3B.

Assuming they don't put hart on the 60 day DL...what's the most likely scenario to clear a 40 man space for Morris?

You would hope/think it's a Betancourt DFA.

Not disagreeing, but I would be shocked if that happens.

He's not going anywhere. Would be left with no backup at 3B, or anywhere else on the IF if Gonzalez is starting. If Green or Bianchi were healthy that would be a definite option, but neither are right now.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

This doesn't sound good.

If it's a 15-day thing, there has to be a better option at 1B. Gonzalez's primary value is in the field. Yuni's primary value is on the bench.

FWIW, zips projections:

Yuni: .258/.286/.414

Gonzalez: .248/.285/.412

Morris: .253/.291/.449

Morris is 25.5 years old right now, so I'm not concerned about burning service time. If Ramirez does have to go to even the 15-day DL, I think they ought to bring up Morris and see what he can do, sending Gonzalez over to 3B.

24.5, unless I'm getting younger, which would be awesome.

Archived