Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-06 Diamondbacks (Corbin) at Brewers (Fiers), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-2]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/diamondbacks.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 06 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Diamondbacks (3-1) | Brewers (1-3)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/diamondbacks/corbin-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/fiers-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]0-0, -.-- ERA, -.-- WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Corbin won the fifth spot in the D-backs' rotation by outperforming top prospect Tyler Skaggs and Randall Delgado in Spring Training. The left-hander finished camp with a 2.81 ERA over 25 2/3 innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-0, -.-- ERA, -.-- WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Diamondbacks | Game Log[/h3][h3]Fiers' late-season fade in 2012 began with an eight-run stinker against the Rockies on Aug. 13, but now he gets another chance. Chris Narveson's move to relief opened a spot in the Opening Day rotation for 27-year-old Fiers.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Gerardo Parra
  2. LF Martin Prado
  3. 2B Aaron Hill
  4. C Miguel Montero
  5. 1B Paul Goldschmidt
  6. RF Jason Kubel
  7. 3B Eric Chavez
  8. SS Cliff Pennington
  9. LHP Patrick Corbin

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. 2B Rickie Weeks
  4. 3B Alex Gonzalez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. 1B Yuniesky Betancourt
  7. CF Carlos Gomez
  8. LF Khris Davis
  9. RHP Mike Fiers

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't normally say game over when it's 1-0 in the 1st inning but that might be enough with this lineup, especially when it looks like the D'Backs will score much more than 1 run because Fiers looks like crap.

I know it's the big stage but I don't remember Khris Davis looking this bad on defense in Appleton. Yeah I know that was a bad bounce off the wall but I cringe every time there is a ball hit his way. Hopefully he starts hitting soon, with is lineup we need it.

I went back a couple April 6ths to compare previous years starting lineups.

Here is the lineup from April 6th 2004

Podsednik CF

Counsell SS

Spivey 2B

Jenkins LF

Overbay 1B

Helms 3B

Grieve RF

Moeller C

Sharpie P

April 6th 2003

A Sanchez CF

Young 2B

Ginter LF

Sexson 1B

Hammonds RF

Helms 3B

Eddie Perez C

R Clayton SS

Wayne Franklin P

So it could be worse.

Fiers is getting crushed.

Nah.. He just thrown a lot of pitches.

Davis is showing why he belongs at 1B. haha

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Fiers is getting crushed.

Nah.. He just thrown a lot of pitches.

Davis is showing why he belongs at 1B. haha

Uhh, yeah he has. Parra flew out to the warning track, Hill doubled on a line drive, Montero flew out to the warning track, Kubel lined out to the warning track and so did Pennington. That's 4 outs to the warning track in 2 innings plus a line drive double, plus falling behind a couple other hitters.

Archived