Brewer Fanatic

Valverde?

Would that mean that they have no confidence in Henderson as our closer?

I'm on board with signing Valverde, how can it hurt at a reasonable price, but do they not feel that Henderson can handle it?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
T-Plush Redux - the guy you hate on everyone else's team but love him on yours.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

David Aardsma or Brian Wilson are available though Wilson probably won't be ready for another month or so. I believe Melvin is going to wait until at least the end of the month before looking at other options to replace Axford. I would prefer Wilson over Aardsma.

David Aardsma or Brian Wilson are available though Wilson probably won't be ready for another month or so. I believe Melvin is going to wait until at least the end of the month before looking at other options to replace Axford. I would prefer Wilson over Aardsma.

Roster mgmt - and how do you free up a spot to add a bullpen guy IF Axford is the only one stinking it up. Let's make it hard, and assume Axford isn't DL'd with a tired arm and the Brewers for whatever reason don't want to move Henderson, etc into the closer spot. Kintzler have an option to be sent down without losing him?

Archived