Brewer Fanatic

Catch .222

Bikeage77

I've been trying to find Uecker's other book ever since I finished Catcher in the Wry to no avail. I believe it exists, but cannot find it for the life of me. Was it a limited print? Did it never make the shelves?

I've looked on Barnes and Nobles site and Amazon and can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try the library. I just searched the south central WI library system (in Madison) and there are over 10 copies available.

Edit: Sorry, I misread your request - I was talking about Catcher in the Rye... DoH.

Apparently there's 50,000 copies of the first pressing in 1992, would it be that impossible to find with those numbers?

I think Uek bought all of them for family, friends and stalkers. I can imagine all of them being out of circulation...

Did some quick googling.

[pre]Bibliographic information

Title Catch 222

Author Bob Uecker

Edition illustrated

Publisher Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated, 1992

ISBN 0399137440, 9780399137440

Length 320 pages[/pre]

Link: http://askville.amazon.com/book-Catch-222-Bob-Uecker-isbn-0399137440-published/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=137172

Was the book Catch 222 by Bob Uecker (isbn 0399137440) ever actually published?

I have never ever seen a copy available anywhere.

Asked by rjacob 78 months ago

Couldn't find it for sale anywhere... You could contact his agent or publisher (see below).

I couldn't find the book for sale on ebay, bookstores or for loan from libraries, including the library of congress!

You can try contacting his agent at:

Deborah Miller

Miller & Company Management

Suite #215

427 North Canon Drive

Beverly Hills, California 90210

Telephone: 310-550-0826

Telefax: 310-274-2070

The publisher info I could find was as follows, but no sign of the book!

Catch 222

Bob Uecker

EDITION: Hardcover

MANUFACTURER: Putnam Pub Group (T)

RELEASE DATE: August, 1993

"I'm looking for this book" is the kind of question I get at work regularly (thus I conclude that this is a post I can respond to from work with confidence!). Although there are a few internet references to the existence of Catch .222, it doesn't appear on the out-of-print book sites I most often consult.

What's notably strange is that it's not listed in WorldCat, which is the closest thing there is to a global online library catalog. That would mean no copies ever made it to any library anywhere - not even in Milwaukee or Wisconsin. That's enough to make me think it never got out and about. Even if all 50,000 copies went to friends, family and stalkers, you'd think at least one of those 50,000 would have sold it at some point. (Well, probably not the stalkers.)

I'm going to tweet Joe Block about it. At least he's got Bob's ear. If I hear anything I'll report back (though if they talk about it during the games this weekend, I'll miss 2/3 of the chances to hear it because I'll be at MP).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

You don't have a radio to listen to Ueck while at the game? Shame... ;)

I do bring a little Walkman to games, but because the 620 feed is behind the live action, I usually don't listen unless there's a specific reason to get Ueck's take (like on an injury or delay or weird play).

That 88.5 FM which is supposed to have a non-delayed feed has yet to ever work for me, in either our terrace or loge locations.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived