Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-03 Rockies (Nicasio) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-3]

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad the Ax man cut his hair, it's making all the difference.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Are you kidding me? Why is this clown still in? Somebody check to see if the Old Man is awake in the dugout.

Houston we have a problem.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

If this series is any indication about how the season is going to go, we're going to be out of it by June. 40 hits in 3 games?? Axford giving up 3 runs, 2 HR and counting here.

3 games only I know, but this is absurd. The Rockies aren' THIS good of a hitting team. Their whole lineup has destroyed us.

After watching a decade of terrible Brewer teams once in awhile owning random teams over a 3 game series, it never surprises me when bad teams return the favor.

So RR took a winnable game and flushed it right down the toilet.

"Brewers desperately need Axford to return to form".

Not going to happen. I could hit one off Axford now.

Roenicke just standing there in a trance.

At this point, the game's over. Why make a move now? Let Axford flounder.

So, we are back in the business of not having a closer.

I wonder how long Axford will be allowed to struggle in this role? 1 week, 2 weeks, longer?

I simply can not take another season of blown saves, and a bullpen that resembles last year.

Too early to be this negative, but this all looks so familiar already, and we are only in game 3.

Oh well, at least Rickie is looking good with the stick...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Can't overreact after 3 games to start a season, but there are alarm bells ringing for key spots on the pitching staff already. Axford's WHIP is approaching double digits, and it would be nice to have a starter get through 6 or 7 innings very soon before this bullpen turns into a season-long gas can.

I keep seeing Roenicke referred to as RRR...

What does the middle R stand for? Seriously, I seem to have missed something.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator
After the first home run the game was essentially over, so it didn't really matter after that. I'll take solace knowing that he only tallied about -24% WPA tonight, not as bad as if this was a save situation.

So RR took a winnable game and flushed it right down the toilet.

Really? He pretty much ran the bullpen just like he should have. It isn't the managers fault that Axford blew the game up.

The rest of the bullpen has looked pretty good at least. Though if they have to keep covering 3-4 innings every game it won't 'matter in a few months.

Let's also keep in mind that our offense hasn't exactly scored a ton of runs here either. The Rockies staff was thought to be pretty bad and it's not like we've lost slugfests or anything.

Our 2, 3 and 4 hitters are 14 for 32 with 2 HR and 8 RBI in 3 games, and we're about to fall to 1-2.

I keep seeing Roenicke referred to as RRR...

What does the middle R stand for? Seriously, I seem to have missed something.

I believe Runnin' Ron Roenicke, due his comments after being hired that he loved aggressive baserunning and stealing

Archived