Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-03 Rockies (Nicasio) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-3]

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Away from home, Helton's not even a .300 hitter. His numbers are purely a product of where he hits.

Nice. Now look up Carlos Gonzalez and you'll see an even greater creation of coors field....

I've seen his splits before. Ya, it's pretty amazing.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
With regard to Helton and his OPS splits, what about

his carrer 135 OPS+

My understanding is that OPS+ accounts for park effects.

not too bad, Andre Dawson made it in with 21 years of 119 OPS+

And that OPS + is inflated by his stats at Coors Field.

His tOPS+ at Coors Field is 119

His tOPS+ away from Coors Field is 80

He has 216 HR and 816 RBI at home.

He has 138 HR and 530 RBI away from Coors.

No matter how you cut it, his numbers are grossly inflated by his home stadium.

Compare his numbers to Ryan Braun, who plays his home games in a very hitter friendly Miller Park

Braun at home: .309 AVG, 109 HR, 329 RBI, .588 SLG, .965 OPS. tOPS+ 104

Away: .318 AVG, 94 HR, 317 RBI, .550 SLG, .922 OPS. tOPS+ 96

His splits are pretty close. +8 points tOPS+ at home. Helton's tOPS+ split is +39 at home.

Away from home, Helton's not even a .300 hitter. His numbers are purely a product of where he hits.

119 and 80 average out to about 100. 104 and 96 average out to 100.

I wish MLB would change this rule. Unless there is an injury, if someone warms up before the inning, they should have to pitch to at least one batter.

One, you're saving a manager who wasn't smart enough to get the guy up early enough to be ready.

Two, the games take too long already. Now we had 8 warmups from a guy, a mound visit, a pitching change and now 8 more warmup pitches....between innings. Thats probably 5 minutes.

Grr, was all excited that Schafer was coming up, and once again RR shines me.

Screw it. Just got this in. I'm going to share it anyway.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8567/08chromelschaferoranger.png

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Community Moderator

This game is a classic example of all the problems with pace of game in MLB. A 4-3 game that might exceed 3 hours 30 minutes?

Also, Gomez continues to prove the old saying that you can't teach plate discipline.

Well there's the over aggresiveness of Gomez we all love. Throws 3 balls in the dirt just like that and he eventually swings at one on 3-2. Awesome.

Gotta hold them here, though to be honest, i'm not feeling a comeback tonight :(

Can we get some of the plate discipline Braun's working on to rub off on Go Go, please???

Ax comes in, promptly gives up a single. Joy.

37 hits given up in 3 games thus far.

Ax stop worrying about the guy at first, and focus on getting Cuddyer out.

Never mind, spoke too late.

If this series is any indication about how the season is going to go, we're going to be out of it by June. 40 hits in 3 games?? Axford giving up 3 runs, 2 HR and counting here.

3 games only I know, but this is absurd. The Rockies aren' THIS good of a hitting team. Their whole lineup has destroyed us.

Archived