Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-03 Rockies (Nicasio) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-3]

I just can't fathom how this is our master plan at 1b for the next 6 weeks. Two guys that can't find starting gigs anywhere as SS, let's get them both and play them at first, without any experience there. That's better than trying to let Davis learn or letting Morris try? Could he really be any worse? At least Morris IS an actual first baseman.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Betancourt is at 1B. And NOT Jesus H. Khrys Davis? Brilliant.

How can Davis be any more inexperienced there, than Gonzalez and Betancourt? What's the harm? I hear some people say this Davis character can even hit.

Because Gonzalez spent much of spring training playing first base, and the coaches decided he looked the best at the position.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Davis must not be able to field a ground ball, because it makes too much sense for him to play 1B longterm for the Brewers. If he had any capability to do so at all, he'd be playing there.

Judging by how willing the Brewers have been to allow players that can hit to be terrible at defensive positions in the past, I shudder to think of how brutal the infield session with Davis must have been during the offseason or on one of the back fields during spring training.

Come on offense, wake up for God's sake. These aren't the San Francisco Giants we're facing here.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I don't think Todd Helton is a Hall of Famer, Rock. At Coors Field, he's a lifetime .350 hitter with a 1.060 OPS. Anywhere else, he's a lifetime .289 hitter with an .864 OPS.

.613 SLG at Coors.

.475 SLG everywhere else.

Clearly a huge beneficiary of his home ballpark. His splits are terrible.

By the way, it may have been said before here, but Sophia Minnaert is a MAJOR upgrade over Trenni Kusnierek. She's been more fun to watch than the Crew these last 2 games.

When she just said "aggressive re-sodding", I was kind of...not "aroused", but...interested.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

"Also to the guy calling the Rockies last place rejects"

It's OK to call me out by name, Ennder. It's what you live for.

Can't I freakin' vent about losing to these clowns without you jumping on me? Jeez...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

"Also to the guy calling the Rockies last place rejects"

It's OK to call me out by name, Ennder. It's what you live for.

Can't I freakin' vent about losing to these clowns without you jumping on me? Jeez...

Actually I didn't want to search for who said it.

Infield hit #9 for the series? Nm they called it an error.

I can't remember the last time I looked up and the Rockies didn't have somebody on.

Can't really blame Ramirez on that. I think he was shocked the ball coming to him had enough juice to make it out of the infield.

Archived